Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even Germany has more World Champions than the US now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan has 6 champions , USA has 7 champions, Germany also has 7 champions not including Klitschko brothers. But this weekend after the fight Bradley/Alexander USA will have only 6 champions. Boxing in USA seriously declining.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      how many of these "germans" are actually German?
      not many...most of them are eastern european

Comment

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
        never like in Germany
        controversial decisions are fewer lately
        counting last year in germany i can only name karmazin vs sylvester and sbik vs the argie dude
        while in the us i dont know where to begin, soto karass vs jones, alexander vs kotelnik judah vs mathysse, mccall oquendo of the top of my head
        there is also foreign guys with american promoters who get controversial wins like khan for example

Comment

Germans still keeping them belts hostage with b.s decisions,
          they even rob the women over there too

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
            Japan has 6 champions , USA has 7 champions, Germany also has 7 champions not including Klitschko brothers. But this weekend after the fight Bradley/Alexander USA will have only 6 champions. Boxing in USA seriously declining.
            7=

Huck. Born in Serbia
            Braehmer - German
            Stieglitz - Russian
            Sartizan is not a champion. Ward is WBA champ. and he was born in Kazakhstan anyway
            Sturm - german
            Zbik - German
            Sylvester - German

so 4 Germans then. 3 of which are MWs, who Martinez is the daddy of
            Last edited by gingeralbino; 01-28-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

7=

Huck. Born in Serbia
              Braehmer - German
              Stieglitz - Russian
              Sartizan is not a champion. Ward is WBA champ. and he was born in Kazakhstan anyway
              Sturm - german
              Zbik - German
              Sylvester - German

so 4 Germans then
              true that is, Sturm is called Adnan Catic in real, he's bosnian muslim

Comment

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
                true that is, Sturm is called Adnan Catic in real, he's bosnian muslim
                his parents moved to Germany though and he was born and raised there so he is a German whether he likes it or not!

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
                  Germans still keeping them belts hostage with b.s decisions,
                  they even rob the women over there too
                  female boxing is a big thing over there and yes there are a lot of controversial calls, probably in the us too but since it isnt mainstream we cant know for sure
                  us champs are keeping belts hostage as well by your logic, sure dirrel went to england but most of them dont bother to get out of their state like ward

Comment

7=

Huck. Born in Serbia
                    Braehmer - German
                    Stieglitz - Russian
                    Sturm - german
                    Zbik - German
                    Sylvester - German

so 4 Germans then. 3 of which are MWs, who Martinez is the daddy of
                    uh martinez has only fought once at middleweight, i guess pacquiao is the daddy of berto and mosley too
                    the main point of this thread is how americans have diminished their presence in boxing in terms of champions
                    there isnt any division where they have the best fighter right now, while last year they had campbell pavlik dawson all of them have lost their credibility and have been replaced as top dogs

Comment

how many of these "germans" are actually German?
                      Sebastian Sylvester, Jürgen Brähmer, Sebastian Zbik and Felix Sturm were born in Germany. Sturm has Bosnian descent (no big deal, a lot of people in Germany have parents from former Yugoslavia, since they were fugitives during the horrible Balkan War).

Champions with German citizenship, who were not born in Germany:

Marco Huck - born in Serbia, Bosnian descent, in Germany since he was 11 years old, German citizenship since 2009

Robert Stieglitz - born in Russia, In Germany since he was around 18 years old, German citizenship since 2009

I don't have a problem with anyone coming to another country trying to make a better life for themselves and their family, I think it's great that those possibilities exist and I applaud them for taking them and succeeding.
                      The issue that I have is the ridiculous name changing from their promoters to make them seem more "German". Felix Sturm was born as Adnan Ćatić, Marco Huck as Muamer Hukić and Robert Stieglitz as Sergei Stieglitz, for example. Artur Abrahams birth name is Awetik Abrahamjan (born in Armenia), by the way, but he is no champion at the moment.

Who else did I miss? Those are 6, I can't think of another German champion...
                      The Klitschkos don't count, they live/lived in Germany and were with Universum for a long time, but they have Ukrainian citizenship.
                      Last edited by rochemback; 01-28-2011, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X