• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao-Clottey tickets selling briskly despite stiff prices

Pacquiao-Clottey tickets selling briskly despite stiff prices
    by NICK GIONGCOJ
    anuary 30, 2010, 8:28pm

Tickets for the World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title showdown between Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines and Joshua Clottey of Ghana are selling briskly despite the tickets’ stiff prices.

The top seat tickets cost $700 while other tickets are being peddled for $500, $400, $300, $200, $100, and $50, something Arum believes will entice fight fans to fill the reconfigured (45,000-capacity) Cowboys Stadium on fight night.

As this developed, Clottey downplayed Pacquiao perceived superiority, saying the Filipino champ is just Superman’s alter-ego Clark Kent and not The Man of Steel.

“I know it’s Pacquiao but I don’t like people thinking that Manny is super, that nobody can beat him,” Clottey told the Ghanaian media as he gears up for his March 13 showdown with the Filipino fighter at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas.

Clottey said Pacquiao “is a human being like me,” and that he is going all-out in his ambitious quest to “dethrone him” and “win the (World Boxing Organization welterweight) title for Ghana.”

While Clottey is assured the biggest paycheck of his career, the African banger insists he is facing Pacquiao

I want to know what the current total ticket sale count.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTrooper View Post
      I want to know what the current total ticket sale count.
      I agree and I also want to know if this includes the 30,000 tickets Jones bought. If it doesn't and the 20,000 tickets sold on first day is right then wouldn't they have had to expand already? Chances are the fight has only sold around 5000-6000 and the other tickets were bought from jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        I agree and I also want to know if this includes the 30,000 tickets Jones bought. If it doesn't and the 20,000 tickets sold on first day is right then wouldn't they have had to expand already? Chances are the fight has only sold around 5000-6000 and the other tickets were bought from jones.
        Actually no. 20 000 were sold in the first two days. 2501 said he slept in the day tickets were being sold, and most of the better (by the big screen) economical seats were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          Actually no. 20 000 were sold in the first two days. 2501 said he slept in the day tickets were being sold, and most of the better (by the big screen) economical seats were gone.
          Well, if that's true then what about Jones buying 30,000 tickets? Maybe he was only going to buy 30,000 tickets if the the fight didn't do well. If both are true then they would be well over the 45,000 seat capacity. I just don't understand how the ticket sales have been going.

Comment

I just went to Ticketmaster, and you can pretty much get any tickets in whatever quantity that you want (except the $50 ones). I know that you can at the very least still get 4 tickets from $100 up. If Jerry Jones bought 30,000 tickets, or even if he didn't, I don't consider that to be that brisk of a pace. If the place isn't full, everybody is getting moved up...

Comment

Forget what Jones said.

They have sold 20-25K total so far. Capacity is 45K.

Comment

Working...
              X