No announcement yet.

What exactly causes a knockout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly causes a knockout?

Ive heard its the brain shaking inside the skull.

Ive heard its a set of nerves in the chin/jaw that cause your brain to shut down.

Ive heard its how awkwardly and violently you hget their head to move/change direction that causes a KO.

Ive heard a faster lighter punch is more likely to KO a guy than a massively forceful but slower punch because you are jarring the brain more effectively ie you are causing the brain to move inside the skull fast and causes it to cut out, where as the forceful punch dosnt move the brain as much/as quickly.

I hear you should punch forcully to the body to get deep into the internal organs and fast to the head to shake the brain!?

Can you give me the low down on exactly what I should be aiming for to cause a KO?

Also a KO artist isnt especially strong or physically superior nessasarily he just has the asset of speed?

Point of the chin.
    Back side of the jaw.
    High on the temple.

Kidney punch.
    Under the heart.
    Solar plex.
    Floating ribs.
    Front of collar bone.
    Into the arm pit.

.....heres a few areas of concern. Lots of damage can be done in these areas.

Lack of oxygen to the brain as the jaw is repelled. repeative shots where the trama sends signals to the brain to shut down to not cause more damage. Your Out!!

Ray.
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 02-15-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Hmm right you are resulting in the mind to shift within the head fast and causes it to cut out, where as the intense impact doesn't shift the mind as much/as easily.

The Transformation Spot | Cary Personal Trainer
      Last edited by Dasim22; 12-03-2013, 05:47 AM.

Comment

it's the shot that you don't see coming that k you tfo, or in general that your eyes did not pick up on the punch which leaves your brain unknowing and susceptable to shock when the blow does land.

don't get me wrong though, you can get ko'd even when you watch it coming in. From these types of shots you will most likely be able to atleast make an attempt to get up, your mind some how understands what is happening. But with the ones that you don't see they will simply leave you laying flat on your face with no chance of beating the count.

It's a defensive mechanism in your mind that when shocked or surprised from a blow will just shut your whole system down, kinda like hibernation mode filled with odd dreams and visions.......... Rockin'

Comment

What exactly causes a knockout, you ask?

Stepping into the ring with me!

*BOOM* OH YEAH I WENT THERE!!!

actually I'm old, and out of shape now, and have always been uncooridinated.
          But I'd like to think I still have a little pop left in me... power is supposed to be the last thing to go right?

Comment

Brain rattling in the skull.

The other I believe is the nerve damage. It cuts off the electrical signals to the rest of the body which results in the collapse but still awake knock out.

Those are the two ways of being knocked out. The black out/ sleep knock out is the brain getting rattled in the skull. Severe concussion.

Comment

Working...
            X