Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Golovkin beat Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too early to tell. Right now i would lean towards no.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Froch by vicious KO, GGG is tailor made for him, a come forward fighter with little to no head movement. Froch would land at will and get him out of there within 5. He's got height, size, strength and probably reach advantage.

We still haven't seen GGG vs a top MW either, too early to tell how good he is.
      Hmm,I don't think you're watching GGG properly.. his headmovement is deceptive... just like Julio Cesar Chavez... he moves his head just like an inch... he moves it just enough.. its hard to see it actually... he barely gets hit with any punches...
      Thats the reason he gets compared to chavez... he stands right iin range,makes you miss and makes you pay constantly applying pressure... I need to see more of him however and nobody could tell if his power would go up with him as he goes up in weight...

I think Abrahams power and Pavliks power left them when they went up to Super middle and it could be the same for Gennady

Comment

No point moving up before (if) sort out 160 division.
        I think he is too small for 168. No point putting him there just yet (and maybe never).

Same thing would go for Floyd/Canelo/Pac moving to 160..

Almost like Andre fights Afolabi - at least for now.

Comment

Wow, GGG beat Rosado a jr middleweight now we're on to can he beat the 2nd best super middleweight in boxing now??

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
            Hmm,I don't think you're watching GGG properly.. his headmovement is deceptive... just like Julio Cesar Chavez... he moves his head just like an inch... he moves it just enough.. its hard to see it actually... he barely gets hit with any punches...
            Thats the reason he gets compared to chavez... he stands right iin range,makes you miss and makes you pay constantly applying pressure... I need to see more of him however and nobody could tell if his power would go up with him as he goes up in weight...

I think Abrahams power and Pavliks power left them when they went up to Super middle and it could be the same for Gennady
            He really is massively skilled. People can talk Whitaker, Marquez or Mayweather in terms of skils but they are backfoot counter-punchers, Golovkin does all his work on the front-foot and unlike them he has genuine power.

Comment

WTF? You think Golovkin is as skilled as Marquez?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                WTF? You think Golovkin is as skilled as Marquez?
                I'm saying he's massively skilled, you're free to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  I'm saying he's massively skilled, you're free to disagree.
                  You just compared him to Mayweather, Whitaker, and Marquez. And implied that he was more impressive because he doesn't fight on the back foot.

So yeah...I'm going to have to disagree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    He really is massively skilled. People can talk Whitaker, Marquez or Mayweather in terms of skils but they are backfoot counter-punchers, Golovkin does all his work on the front-foot and unlike them he has genuine power.
                    I like GGG.

But really?

Comment

Froch is a giant compared to GGG. And we don't know GGGs full potential yet as we do with Froch.

With that said, people shouldn't sleep on Golovkins amateur boxing background. He's got some serious impressive wins there, and while it's not EXACTLY the same as pro fighting it says something. The correlation between a great amateur = great pro is there more often than it's not.
                      And his style definitely caters better to pro than amateur boxing.

Mark my words, Golovkin will be the middleweight kingpin for the next 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X