Collapse
No announcement yet.

***The Official Gun/Ammo Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im suprised no one has any colts or walthers. best gun you can get is a 9mm high power......

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      nonsense talk.

.380 has good enough power.

even .32.

nothing works all the time anyway even a .45

if he likes a .380, it's good enough.

better a .380 on you than a .45 at home
      you know you don't believe this ^^^

I wouldn't waste my money on a .380

Comment

Normally, selecting a good handgun is base on the purpose for getting one and priorities.

If you want a handgun for home defense, then I recommend a 38 revolver with 4" to 6" barrel. Civilian home defense favors an extremely reliable repeater that can deliver one to three accurately aimed shots without any routine maintainence and revolvers are ideal in this scenario.

I will not recommend a .357 magnum revolver for home defense due to the over penetration concerns.

You also don't want an autoloader(pistol) for a home defense gun unless you and family members are very proficient in handling them

If you are buying a handgun for self defense and your priority is concealment, then the gun for you is Glock 19. It is a high capacity 9mm pistol that can be concealed easily.

If concealment is not a priority, then get a Glock 17. You can abuse this pistol in the range and it will continue to function for you. I know some shooters who are very happy using this particular gun in open class competition.

Glocks are very reliable, does not rush, safe, user friendly and reasonably priced.

I would recommend a single stack .40 caliber pistol (1911 model) if you are considering practical shooting as your choice for sport. For competition purposes and if you have enough money, get a double stack polymer pistol. I recommend an STI executive .40 caliber.

I would not recommend the1911 models if the intention of buying a gun is not for range purposes. This model, due to its design is for proficient gunners only.
        Last edited by Daniel Alpha; 10-23-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post

.380 has the fastest velocity in the small caliber category. It is however, not very good as primary self defense gun unless the user is proficient in bullet placement. If concealment is the priority and if the purpose is for back up gun, then and only then can this caliber be considered.

Walther makes one of the best .380... James Bond gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
            .380 has the fastest velocity in the small caliber category. It is however, not very good as primary self defense gun unless the user is proficient in bullet placement. If concealment is the priority and if the purpose is for back up gun, then and only then can this caliber be considered.

sexy looking firearm!

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              meh.....

glocks are good and reliable.

but their rep is overblown.

i remember when glock .40's were blowing up when they first came out.

i was gonna buy a baby glock when they 1st came out but didn't after the g26 i was testing kept jamming and misfiring on me.
              That problem has been corrected by Glock. The "kaboom" on the early Glock .40 S&W caliber was due to the barrel design.

The original Glock barrel does not fully support the brass case at the rear.

I still have to experience jamming on the new Glock models. Misfirings can be due to either bullet primer problems or firing pin defects, but more on the former.

Comment

agree with this ^^^

Comment

sexy looking firearm!
                  Yes, very sexy

Comment

Yes, very sexy
                    I consider my firearms to be females...

Comment

guns are tools.

you need different tools for different jobs.

you don't use a sledgehammer to hang a picture frame, you don't use a ballpin hammer to knock down walls....

every gun, caliber has their purpose.

don't tell me what i believe especially when you can't read properly.

"better a .380 on you than a .45 at home"

read that again. you'll figure out.

Comment

Working...
                      X