No announcement yet.

speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed

whats the best exercises for me to do to gain alot of speed!

sometimes speed comes from strength..pushups help my strength and with the strength i can push my arm out alot faster....thats the way i think..?

Comment

oh actually do punchout drills focusing on speed throw punches in intervals for 3 minutes(1 minute rapid punches 30 second slow down in pace 1 minute rapid 30 slow..etc.)

punch out drills help alot with speed and endurance

Comment

Jump alotta rope n Shadow Box alot, when you weight train try not to do real heavy weight, but do alot of sets of less weight than you usually do, be sure to stretch n warmup properly before you do nething though.

Comment

are we talkin about handspeed? there's actually a pretty good book about gaining speed for martial arts, that may apply to what you're lookin for. i suggest lookin at it before you buy it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...Fencoding=UTF8

after reading some interviews with trainers, for handspeed i've seen them say that they like their fighter doing clap pushups. the more claps you get in between, the better.

Comment

are we talkin about handspeed? there's actually a pretty good book about gaining speed for martial arts, that may apply to what you're lookin for. i suggest lookin at it before you buy it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...5Fencoding=UTF8

after reading some interviews with trainers, for handspeed i've seen them say that they like their fighter doing clap pushups. the more claps you get in between, the better.
            yes, are we talking handspeed or what? speed comes from relaxation. i wouldn't recommend that book linked to. i've paged through it before and didn't like what i saw.

Comment

That book that was recommended, Speed Training is by Loren Christensen. I don't have that one but I have his Fighters Fact Book, which has some excellent speed training drills. That one you can find in most book stores. He also has Solo Training and Solo Training 2, he has some good ideas to help you increase your speed and to mix up your training to get more out of your time if you're looking to mix things up a bit.
              Another EXCELLENT book to help you with speed is Warrior Speed by Ted Weimann. He gives you so many ideas and drills both mental and physical to help you on your speed and also gives you a science lesson on muscle fibers and all of the factors which impact speed such as physics. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Give up all power.....

Comment

Originally posted by jason100x
                  That book that was recommended, Speed Training is by Loren Christensen.
                  I've had that one for quite awhile actually, I like it and think its good.

Comment

Originally posted by lil rocky
                    whats the best exercises for me to do to gain alot of speed!

Speed like power is genetic. Nevertheless, you can improve slightly. Joe Louis said in his autobiography that he improved his hand speed by catching flies!

Comment

Working...
                    X