No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz to RETURN to boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Diaz to RETURN to boxing?

Heard an interview recently where a promoter hinted that a well known boxer is coming back out of retirement but he can't confirm details yet. The hosts asked "is it Juan Diaz?".. He replied with something like... "hahaha, you didn't hear it from me did you? if that's the case, I've known Juan for a long time, he's a great fighter. It would be great if we landed that fight."

Sounds like Juan Diaz might be back out of retirement soon. His last fight was against Marquez in 2010.

Here's his boxrec http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9486&cat=boxer

Yea it's him, I read somewhere that he's coming back.

Comment

when i heard that kahn was gonna fight diaz thats who i thought they meant.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES_THUNDER View Post
        Good fit for a rebuilding Khan opponent. Lightweight, not too powerful, coming off of 2 years + of inactivity.

Comment

LOL what happened Juan? couldnt get any customers?

he should have never retired in the first place. All he did was waste time and money.

Comment

Wonder what happened to his law degree, or if he is still pursuing it.

Juan Diaz is a hell of a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Good fit for a rebuilding Khan opponent. Lightweight, not too powerful, coming off of 2 years + of inactivity.
              Sad but true.

I'll still take Juan Diaz by late KO.

Btw, me 3; when I saw that headline I also thought JD's comeback fight was gonna' be Khan.

Comment

Sad to see Diaz reduced to a tune up for a now largely irrelevant ex title holder. Poor guy hasn't been the same since the Campbell fight.
                Last edited by 2shameless; 02-26-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES_THUNDER View Post
                  Same. Wonder who they'll give him if he does come back.

Comment

Funny some mentioned the Khan fight- Juan Diaz actually fought and beat Julio Diaz (Khans next opponent)

Comment

Working...
                    X