Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my dad is going to put the majority of his savings on Andy Ruiz.... Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my dad is going to put the majority of his savings on Andy Ruiz.... Thoughts?

My father is not a wealthy man by any means. He's just an average working man, but he likes taking opportunities when he believes the odds are greatly in his favor. He's done it before by putting the majority of his savings which was around $85,000 on Mayweather moneyline vs Mcgregor, but since the odds were so crappy, he didn't get back much in return.

He's pretty much set in doing it again by putting it on Ruiz. His reasoning is because AJ supposedly suffered a severe panic attack meaning that in the rematch, all of the pressure and eyes will be on him and he believes he will suffer yet another panic attack because everything will be overwhelming.

He also believes he's mentally weak, which makes since as he clearly quit when the going got tough.

He said this will be the last time he bets this big again, but he's been saying for months that Ruiz is holding all of the cards in the rematch.

He has not placed the wager yet as he's waiting to get the best odds possible, then he's going to unload it all at the Westgate superbook on the very last day. So if anyone is at that sports book, you can see him making the wager there during that time.

You probably wont be able to convince him not to make this wager as his mind is pretty much made up, but what advice do you have? Do you think this is a solid bet?

Good luck to him.

Comment

It is not a good idea.

AJ is NOT mentally weak, and he WILL make adjustments. Will he win? Maybe, maybe not. But should anyone bet their savings on Ruiz?

Please try your hardest to make sure he doesn't. I'm not even talking about convincing him at this point, just make sure he doesn't do it. There are so many fights he can do this with, this one just ISN'T one of them.

Comment

Putting everything on ANY fight in combat sports is stupid.

Corruption is a thing, freak injuries are a thing, and this fight is far from a sure thing in the absence of those possibilities anyway.

Comment

I THINK IT IS A VERY STUPID DECISION.

Dude, clearly he is not a business man, win or loose.

Comment

Risky but possible win for Ruiz. I will be putting only 300 dollars on Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
              Putting everything on ANY fight in combat sports is stupid.

Corruption is a thing, freak injuries are a thing, and this fight is far from a sure thing in the absence of those possibilities anyway.
              He was actually hesitant on wagering because he thought the rematch would take place in England, but since it was announced it was happening on neutral ground, he has not shut up about wagering on Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                It is not a good idea.

AJ is NOT mentally weak, and he WILL make adjustments. Will he win? Maybe, maybe not. But should anyone bet their savings on Ruiz?

Please try your hardest to make sure he doesn't. I'm not even talking about convincing him at this point, just make sure he doesn't do it. There are so many fights he can do this with, this one just ISN'T one of them.
                AJ is mentally weak. It showed when he quick with a smile on his face. He had now made a 180 on almost every statment he said before the loss.
                You have horrible judge of character to not be able to tell. Smh

Comment

Ruiz to win the fight, hedge it with Joshua by KO?

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                    My father is not a wealthy man by any means. He's just an average working man, but he likes taking opportunities when he believes the odds are greatly in his favor. He's done it before by putting the majority of his savings which was around $85,000 on Mayweather moneyline vs Mcgregor, but since the odds were so crappy, he didn't get back much in return.

He's pretty much set in doing it again by putting it on Ruiz. His reasoning is because AJ supposedly suffered a severe panic attack meaning that in the rematch, all of the pressure and eyes will be on him and he believes he will suffer yet another panic attack because everything will be overwhelming.

He also believes he's mentally weak, which makes since as he clearly quit when the going got tough.

He said this will be the last time he bets this big again, but he's been saying for months that Ruiz is holding all of the cards in the rematch.

He has not placed the wager yet as he's waiting to get the best odds possible, then he's going to unload it all at the Westgate superbook on the very last day. So if anyone is at that sports book, you can see him making the wager there during that time.

You probably wont be able to convince him not to make this wager as his mind is pretty much made up, but what advice do you have? Do you think this is a solid bet?
                    You should try to convince him to only put 10 percent of his life saving. If he doesn't bite work your way to 50 percent but 100 percent?? It will be like starting over and probably will fall into depression if he doesn't have other assets.

Comment

Working...
                    X