Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are posters so concerned about GGG being HANDED another title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    No. I devalue a 'title' that isn't being defended against the best challengers.

When the title is being defended against average WW's like Khan, and not the clear 'challenger' (i use that term very loosely as GGG is a much more proven MW than Canelo) then the title stops being meaningful.
    Also bare in mind it's not the first time these kind of scenarios exist.

Roy Jones was never the Lineal Champion at LHW, despite having basically all the belts. But everyone knew who the King of LHW was.

There's plenty of instances. The Lineage simply doesn't hold the weight it once did.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Also bare in mind it's not the first time these kind of scenarios exist.

Roy Jones was never the Lineal Champion at LHW, despite having basically all the belts. But everyone knew who the King of LHW was.

There's plenty of instances. The Lineage simply doesn't hold the weight it once did.
      Exactly. Lineages come in and out of relevance all the time

its fun to follow, but it doesnt always indicate who the 'real champion' is.

Does anyone recognize Adonis Stevenson as the champion at 175 anymore?
      Last edited by Tom Cruise; 03-24-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        No. I devalue a 'title' that isn't being defended against the best challengers.

When the title is being defended against average WW's like Khan, and not the clear 'challenger' (i use that term very loosely as GGG is a much more proven MW than Canelo) then the title stops being meaningful.
        Wow Khan is average ? Show some respect he has 10x the better resume than gg. And he's willing to move up to fight anyone unlike gg
        Last edited by aldo5408; 03-24-2016, 04:53 PM. Reason: He forgot

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Wow Khan is average ? Show some respect he has 10x the better resume than gg. And he's willing to move up to fight anyone unlike gg
          I'd have him lower half of the WW top 10.

So he is, at world level, an average WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            you summed it all up...every fighter on the come up had to play b-side...its his turn...if you believe in yourself....go for it...its only a one time thing

greatness is earned not given...proof is in the pudding and he hasnt proven much if anything on the top level

never thought I'd see the day whenso called boxing fans are excited about a fighter being stripped and another being given a title....smdh...fake fans
            What he said^^^^^

Comment

Working...
            X