Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GGG be an ATG without ever facing a 1st ballot hall of fame fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What got Floyd Patterson and Larry Holmes in the HOF? Which world beaters and HOFers in their PRIME did they beat to get in?

The only way he doesn't get in is if he gets starched by Canelo or some lesser opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
      i think the jacobs fight did more harm then good......so many think jacobs snipped that. people are devided all over the place. and it seems golovkins confidence is way low from the fight.

in short he wouldn't be able to do anything with hagler, middleweight hearns, hopkins, monzon, jones jr, toney, so on so fourth. just can't see it.....

i honestly think michael nunn would box golovkins ears right off let alone ATG's
      You might be correct, but that also might have other names more willing to fight him now that he didn't look like a monster against Jacobs

Hes not an ATG, in my eyes but you don't get there outta the blue. You gotta fight and earn that status

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Did you see the Rosado/Murray fight last weekend. The hardcore Golovkin fans were trying to pump them up, talking about how good Rosado really is.

Regarding the Q, I don't really know exactly what qualifies one for ATG status but this is always how I've seen it for the last couple years; If he really hustles and takes some chances, he can get there. Then, another year goes by where he doens't even come close. THIS might be the year where he really starts making things happen but I'm not holding my breath. Hard to imagine that he's going to go into overdrive in his mid-30's.
        Hell no lol i didn't see that figt or read the threads regarding it. Didnt even care for it. I honestly don't care what his hardcore fans or haters say. His resume speaks for itself and almost 100% of the ATGs did something to get there regardless if people ducked or dodged them.

I hope for him he gets his canelo payday and goes onto to career defining fights.

Comment

You become an all time great by being a great fighter in your prime with many great performances. He will be remembered by many as an all time great just from what he has already done. He doesn't need a win over a first ballet hall of fame boxer to be considered great by most fans. He had 23 KOs in a row and 17 successful world title defenses in a row. No middleweight in history had 17 title fight KO wins. That's not just pretty good or OK. That's GREAT!!!! Not everybody will agree he is an all time great. Not everybody agrees Mayweather is an all time great. The majority will consider him an all time great middleweight because he is one.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            You become an all time great by being a great fighter in your prime with many great performances. He will be remembered by many as an all time great just from what he has already done. He doesn't need a win over a first ballet hall of fame boxer to be considered great by most fans. He had 23 KOs in a row and 17 successful world title defenses in a row. No middleweight in history had 17 title fight KO wins. That's not just pretty good or OK. That's GREAT!!!! Not everybody will agree he is an all time great. Not everybody agrees Mayweather is an all time great. The majority will consider him an all time great middleweight because he is one.

What a ****ty post from a ****ty poster.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              What got Floyd Patterson and Larry Holmes in the HOF? Which world beaters and HOFers in their PRIME did they beat to get in?

The only way he doesn't get in is if he gets starched by Canelo or some lesser opponent.
              I said ALL TIME GREAT!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X