No announcement yet.

Why is Mayweather like Santa Claus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Mayweather like Santa Claus?

He only shows up once a year, and, despite your expectations, he normally arrives with a sack of crap.

I dunno how Maiiiiii-ites can get so behind this guy, when he seems to exist in a boxing vacuum.

Don't get me wrong, I give him credit for winning all the fights he isn't even involved in, like a good Maiiii-ite should, but one fight per year, usually against someone coming off a loss? In 2011 the only person he fought was Victor "I'm a boxer, I'm not supposed to be getting hit by punches" Ortiz. Who gives a ****, right?

I like to give the Pingers some grief - and God knows they've been silenced lately - but at least the guy actually shows up once in a while, and usually against better comp.

first laugh of the day

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      He only shows up once a year, and, despite your expectations, he normally arrives with a sack of crap.

I dunno how Maiiiiii-ites can get so behind this guy, when he seems to exist in a boxing vacuum.

Don't get me wrong, I give him credit for winning all the fights he isn't even involved in, like a good Maiiii-ite should, but one fight per year, usually against someone coming off a loss? In 2011 the only person he fought was Victor "I'm a boxer, I'm not supposed to be getting hit by punches" Ortiz. Who gives a ****, right?

I like to give the Pingers some grief - and God knows they've been silenced lately - but at least the guy actually shows up once in a while, and usually against better comp.

some of victor's greatest hits

Comment

Seriously, I just can't get my head around how many Maiiiii-ites aren't disappointed by this guy yet.

I like him too, he's very talented, but one fight per year, against so-so (at best) comp? The last time he fought more than once was six years ago... and that was a past-prime Zab playing the can can on his nutsac, before he outpointed an Argentinian car wash attendant and then complained that people didn't get excited over it.

How can ANYONE start whacking off because all the next 12 months promise is a fight with a guy with jug ears whose biggest win was against Andre Chinto?

Comment

"i don't deserve to be getting hit like this."

"i have a lot of thinking to do."

that last one was from his life and death struggle with the great josesito lopez.

Comment

Lulz

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              that last one was from his life and death struggle with the great josesito lopez.
              An ATG right there. You heard about Victor and the orgy, right? "I'm not gonna put my dick in a vagina... I'm a young man, I'm gonna be a great casanova, but I'm not gonna stick my dick in vaginas."

See, I've often said that Maiiiiii would have a relatively easy night's work against Ping Ping. The difference is, I don't understand why we haven't seen that fight... whereas most Maiiiiiii-ites opened champagne when Maiiiiiiiiiii proved he'd win by Marquez KOing him. "let's have a triangular logic celebration drink - ****kkk yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Comment

I'm not saying it's all Maiiiiiiiiiiii's fault, but remember when Cotto was on a tear, doing his thing from c.2004-2007? Floyd was fighting Henry Bruseles, the Argentinian mini cab driver, and Sharmba Mitchell.

Now, I'm not saying that Cotto would have won, don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is, a Mayweather vs. Cotto bout would have been a mouthwatering prospect in '06... but in '12 it was clearly far, far less of a prospect than it had been before.

But say that to a Maiiiiii-ite and they'll self harm over it.

Comment

Im sorry, but who has he fought coming off a loss? And what does maiiiiiii mean?

Comment

how are we pronouncing that 'maiiiiii', is it like the noise a baby sheep makes?

Comment

Working...
                    X