Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Still Has Time To Enhance His Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG has been the most avoided fighter of his era. Funny how some people try to rewrite history. Sturm, Sergio, Quillin, Chavez Jr all wanted nothing to do with him because they knew they would all get KOd. Canelo even vacated the WBC title, first champion from Mexico to ever vacate the WBC title, that tells you all you need to know. Jacobs first to go 12 rounds because he was a weight cheat and skipped the IBF weighin that both fighters were supposed to do. Canelo went 12 rounds because of that Beef Taco diet. Nobody on a level playing field went 12 rounds. Rematch will be interesting to see what happens with Canelo supposedly clean and GGG a year older. These Fanboys talking about 168, GGG wanted to fight Froch at 168 at Wembley Stadium and Froch “swerved him like the Plague”. Chavez Jr offered guarantee $12M to fight GGG by Top Rank and chose not to fight. Those were the only marketable fights at 168 that would have made sense for him. Ward offer was ridiculous because he wasn’t fighting at 168 anymore and he didn’t bring any money to the table like we saw in the Kovalev fights. 160 bigger fights now still with Canelo and Murata fights and Saunders. Hopefully Charlo raises his profile to make that a bigger fight as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
      No way Jacobs was 180 lbs that night.
      You’re right, he was more than 180 by fight night. People inside his camp say he was 176 when IBF second day weighin was supposed to take place and that’s why he skipped it. If he was under 170, like GGG, he would have done the IBF weighin of course. Jacobs was closer to 185 by fight night

Comment

• Originally posted by Kali_KO View Post
        You’re right, he was more than 180 by fight night. People inside his camp say he was 176 when IBF second day weighin was supposed to take place and that’s why he skipped it. If he was under 170, like GGG, he would have done the IBF weighin of course. Jacobs was closer to 185 by fight night
        You're saying he came into the fight nearly weighing the same as Pascal, Ward and Kovalev on fight night? Nah...

Comment

You're saying he came into the fight nearly weighing the same as Pascal, Ward and Kovalev on fight night? Nah...
          GGG fanboys needed an excuse for him looking terrible, and arguably losing. This is that excuse.

Comment

I have no doubt that Jacobs was heavy that night but as time goes by, his rumored fight night weight keeps inflating. It's getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirus View Post
              It seems you haven't watched fights of GGG. If you watched, watch them again carefully.
              So how are these bums damaging him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                So how are these bums damaging him?
                I wanted to do highlights of punches which Gennady blocked them by his face. But I don't want to waste my time for blind like you. Open your eyes, watch the fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirus View Post
                  I wanted to do highlights of punches which Gennady blocked them by his face. But I don't want to waste my time for blind like you. Open your eyes, watch the fights.
                  Ive watched them. He apparently fights bums, so exactly how are they hurting him?

Comment

• I'm a fan for sure but at this point short of a KO of Canelo, I don't think there's much he can do to salvage his legacy. The quality of the opposition where ever you stand on the reason for it, just hasn't been there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kali_KO View Post
                      GGG has been the most avoided fighter of his era. Funny how some people try to rewrite history. Sturm, Sergio, Quillin, Chavez Jr all wanted nothing to do with him because they knew they would all get KOd. Canelo even vacated the WBC title, first champion from Mexico to ever vacate the WBC title, that tells you all you need to know. Jacobs first to go 12 rounds because he was a weight cheat and skipped the IBF weighin that both fighters were supposed to do. Canelo went 12 rounds because of that Beef Taco diet. Nobody on a level playing field went 12 rounds. Rematch will be interesting to see what happens with Canelo supposedly clean and GGG a year older. These Fanboys talking about 168, GGG wanted to fight Froch at 168 at Wembley Stadium and Froch “swerved him like the Plague”. Chavez Jr offered guarantee $12M to fight GGG by Top Rank and chose not to fight. Those were the only marketable fights at 168 that would have made sense for him. Ward offer was ridiculous because he wasn’t fighting at 168 anymore and he didn’t bring any money to the table like we saw in the Kovalev fights. 160 bigger fights now still with Canelo and Murata fights and Saunders. Hopefully Charlo raises his profile to make that a bigger fight as well

bullshht !

1) he made a bunch of silly excuses to avoid Sergio Mora in a showcase on HBO, preferring instead to fight a NO-HOPER in Monaco on free-TV

Mora was an ex-champ who had clearly faded, which is the ideal opponent for a young fighter attempting to establish himself on the world-stage..... boxing has always worked that way.....

NOT saying that Golovkin could not have beaten Mora, just that the Latin Snake is a known mover/spoiler who is notoriously difficult to look good against..... and they were not willing to risk failing to put Mora away, looking bad in the process, or..... worse

when I heard Loeffler stuttering and stammering his way through half-a-dozen silly excuses, I knew what was up..... that was ridiculous..... because insisting that someone is irrelevant, and not a draw..... only works if you fight someone relevant who IS a draw..... not an unknown NO-HOPER on free TV who is WORSE

missing opportunities like that, and with guys like Cotto..... is why Golovkin only has 97k fans..... he needed those type of fights

2) they did the exact same thing to Lara and Ward, who are both also known mover/spoilers who are notoriously difficult to look good against.....

Lara would have been Golovkin's best opponent to date at that point..... and once again, insisting that someone is irrelevant, and not a draw..... only works if you fight someone relevant who IS a draw..... not guys like Willie Monroe, Wade, Brook, etc.....

3) Ward..... they promised to fight Ward at 168..... a) they killed the fight in June 2015 by demanding a catchweight they knew would kill the fight..... b) in September 2015 they refused that fight in 36 minutes flat

4) the superstar Cotto, should have been the ultimate goal of every fighter from 140-160..... at that point in time, Cotto was the very best option, because May/Pac were totally unrealistic and never going to happen

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refusing to negotiate on weight with the little old faded SUPERSTAR Miguel Cotto..... is the 2nd most bizarre occurrence within boxing that I have witnessed within the last decade

I cannot believe how little was spoken about that situation, both from the media and from the fans..... totally bizarre..... every other fighter from 140-160 would have cut off one of his fingers for that fight, and yet Golovkin would not so much as lift his little finger to make that fight, totally refusing to drop a single pound to fight the 153lb superstar

then a few months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo..... Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154 but nobody would step up..... WTF???

those are the exact type of fights that Golovkin should have taken

5) they specifically promised to fight Canelo at 154..... but as above, when shht got real they tucked tail and ran from that fight..... and just like above, 6 months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo, Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody would step up.....

6) Derevyanchenko - and Golovkin got stripped

7) Saunders..... why the fcuk would Golovkin select a total NO-HOPER in Vanes, when Saunders was running around with his "dream"..... calling him Pvssy-Borat.,.... and offering to fight him in June???

a unification > a mando, so Golovkin would not have been stripped for refusing to fight Derevyanchenko..... instead, Golovkin avoided TWO threats, selected an inactive JMW, and got stripped for his troubles in the process.....

the very second that Saunders said he was available, there was no other fight to make..... Munguia, Spike, and Vanes..... should never have been mentioned

..... come on, that is the 3rd most bizarre situation within the sport of boxing that I have ever witnessed..... two of those situations being created by Golovkin

if you think all of that happened by coincidence, you are a fkn dreamer

stop licking Golovkin's sack and then expecting old school fans to applaud you for it..... MANY established journalists have said the exact same thing..... which is why you should have smartened up

Comment

Working...
                      X