View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 AM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 450 Post(s)
pacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 890,134,167.92
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
True, but you can't teach Tyson's power and speed. You just can't. I personally think RB's would make the best boxers, in terms of raw speed and power. WR's in terms of cruiserweight type fighters. You have to remember, a lot of pro ballers would have to drop a ton of weight, and probably not even fight at hw. Boxing training is a million times different than football training, so who knows how much athleticism/power/speed they'd lose.
I'm from MN, and considering you chose RBs, can you teach the explosiveness that Adrian Peterson has? The man runs through people. Could Tyson do that? In 1988, probably, but it's not for sure. You either have it or you don't. As for WRs, Percy Harvin is 5'11", and 184lbs, buff, and runs through defenders. I love the Vikings so maybe I'm too bias, but to be honest if you gave Harvin 5 years of training, and a few cans, he could be a force at 168lbs. I won't say he'd be number 1, but he'd be at least top 10 if not top 5. What I love about boxing is the intangibles. I feel boxing tests it more than any other sport, but when guys run through NFL defenders with no fear you hve to wonder.
pacmanis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<