Collapse
No announcement yet.

No More Kickoffs in the NFL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the NFL wants to get rid of an important part of special teams? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      The NFL needs no tweaking. Leave it alone.......

Stupid as hell idea.
      Patriots down 21-14 with 2mins to go in the game. what would you rather see.. Brady trying to convert a 4&15 or the Patriots going for an onside kick recovery?

Comment

stupidest thing i've heard in a long time! If they proceed with this rule i will stop watching the nfl and just stick to watching college football. there is so many things wrong with this i could type all fregin day but the one that sticks out in my mind is ur punting the ball from ur 30, punter is back 10 yards so essentially he's kicking from the 20 and good punt is 50 yards with a fair catch it would be at the other 30. But if it's a bad punt or a good return were basically talking midfield or better every ****ing time. NFL trying to turn into the arena league???? Goodell and the competition committe are embarrasing themselves. And if anyone who thinks this is a good idea doesn't know **** about real football point blank period.

Comment

It would be good only to ensure high scoring games, but lets face it, it would facilitate wins for the better teams of the league, making the games easy wins and boring.
          Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 12-08-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
            stupidest thing i've heard in a long time! If they proceed with this rule i will stop watching the nfl and just stick to watching college football. there is so many things wrong with this i could type all fregin day but the one that sticks out in my mind is ur punting the ball from ur 30, punter is back 10 yards so essentially he's kicking from the 20 and good punt is 50 yards with a fair catch it would be at the other 30. But if it's a bad punt or a good return were basically talking midfield or better every ****ing time. NFL trying to turn into the arena league???? Goodell and the competition committe are embarrasing themselves. And if anyone who thinks this is a good idea doesn't know **** about real football point blank period.
            Greened. I agree 100% bruh. We gotta get rid of this dude, he is seriously ****in up the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              Hate the idea but I think it would actually lead to more scoring.

Seems like more punts are returned for TDs and always the possibility of a block or botched snap
              What do you need more scoring for? The league already is a passing league and has too much scoring imo. This would be an awful idea and lead to a more watered down and soft league. Safety in the NFL and them trying to do all these radical things is very annoying and making the game lame. I don't know anyone that finds the NFL of today better than the 90s.

I understand it's dangerous but if you don't like it, don't participate in it. As a fan, I don't give a **** about the players or their health but I do care about being entertained. Water it down with this safety bs and fans will leave, I promise you that. Americans have always liked very physical sports.

Comment

After the lawsuits by former players are said and done. Maybe the NFL can institute an awareness program 2 educate and inform incoming players as 2 the risks of playing NFL Football.

B4 signing on the dotted line and becoming a millionaire. Have the former players come in and share their personal experience.

Won't help Goodell with the current lawsuits but the future ones ?

That's what this is about. He's trying 2 save face.

Changing the game will destroy it.

Ask Lott and Theismann if they were involved with special teams ?

She t happens !

What's next Pro Baseball players hitting off a T because of all the pitching injuries ???

Give us a break !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                  After the lawsuits by former players are said and done. Maybe the NFL can institute an awareness program 2 educate and inform incoming players as 2 the risks of playing NFL Football.

B4 signing on the dotted line and becoming a millionaire. Have the former players come in and share their personal experience.

Won't help Goodell with the current lawsuits but the future ones ?

That's what this is about. He's trying 2 save face.

Changing the game will destroy it.

Ask Lott and Theismann if they were involved with special teams ?

She t happens !

What's next Pro Baseball players hitting off a T because of all the pitching injuries ???

Give us a break !!!
                  Finally, a good post from a Knickerbocker.

Comment

What's next? Tag with both hands instead of tackling? Or flag football rules??

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
                      Finally, a good post from a Knickerbocker.

Ya know Amare worked with The Dream this summer.

Dream shake 2 coming later this month.

More good posts 2 come !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X