Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive never seen Lara fight, does he have a chance in hell vs Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive never seen Lara fight, does he have a chance in hell vs Williams?

Its always interesting to see how guys react after getting knocked out viciously(one of the most devestating KOs Ive seen actually)
    Im gonna youtube him.. Its not hard to outbox williams as his defense is his offense, but leaves himself open waaay too much.. Williams needs a new trainer, hes been getting hit waaay to often with the same counters for the last 6 years

Comment

He's a gold medalist with an incredible amateur pedigree. While that doesn't mean much in the professional ranks, it can have it's advantages. He's been on a big stage and he's been highly-regarded since turning pro.

Up until a close fight recently, many considered him more skilled than Yuriorkis Gamboa. Still, it's a tough fight.

Williams is a seasoned professional with a usually solid beard and a swarming style. I'd say that Lara has a chance, but he'd have to get Williams respect early and hope to remind Williams of his defeat. Box well, stay away from combinations and exchanges with hard, stiff shots.

He has a chance. But, Williams is the rightful favorite.

Comment

No one gave Martinez a chance in the first Williams fight.

Not that Lara is Sergio Martinez.

Just throwing that out there.

Comment

If Sergio broke Paul Williams, then he has a chance. If not, Lara is in trouble.

Comment

Lara is a skilled southpaw who is accurate and really relaxed. When I first heard this fight was signed, I thought he would box Paul silly but as the days pass by, I'm leaning toward Paul to come out hard and blow him out. Both are coming off the worst showings of their careers which makes the fight more interesting, who can come back stronger? I still don't know who to pick, though. I'm really really anticipating this fight.

Comment

Williams at this point is at the same point jeff lacy was at in his career after his fought Calzhage, alot of guys after getting stretched or beaten to a pulp either bounce back right or continue their downward spiral. I have never been a big fan of williams because i dont particularly like his style and his division jumping didint really help his career, but i think this fight is the turning point in his career.

When you get knocked out, as Roy Jones showed us, you cant be knocked out again, just as brutally.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Loc Jr View Post
                Lara is a skilled southpaw who is accurate and really relaxed. When I first heard this fight was signed, I thought he would box Paul silly but as the days pass by, I'm leaning toward Paul to come out hard and blow him out. Both are coming off the worst showings of their careers which makes the fight more interesting, who can come back stronger? I still don't know who to pick, though. I'm really really anticipating this fight.
                This here, this whole paragraph I agree.

I'm not making bets for this one because it is so up in the air that I don't feel comfortable betting on side. It is too even for me. Although, if forced to side with a boxer I'll go with Pdubb too.

Comment

I reckon Williams has something to prove but I view him as damaged goods. Lara's straight punches and technical pedigree should be enough to offset Williams edge in experience.

Plus Cubans are tough and Williams isn't much of a puncher.

I see Lara cruising to a decision maybe even dropping Williams a few times on the way.

Comment

Same here, I wasn't sure what to make of the matchup when it was first announced. I love these type of matchups and either way, I am glad Lara is stepping up to that level. It will be excellent experience for him win or lose unless Williams completely destroys him like Quintana 2. I have no idea what the residual effects Williams will have in there, but even if he throws half his volume, it will still be something Lara has never seen from someone that size with his awkwardness. sometimes he will earmuff for defense and wont move his feet to get out(sometimes) -...against williams, that is just too much time in front of him , he will allow paul to get off with 5-10 shots and his hands are not in position to quickly counter when theyre up defensively.

i think Paul wins by overwhleming Lara, but I hope Lara has moments and shows that he is the real deal and will be around for a while too.

Comment

Working...
                    X