Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Rakim, hands down, I am a big fan of Nas and KRS-One though.

This is the song that made me love hip-hop I think I was like 10 when I heard it for the first time. You know a song is more than just a current trend when it still gets played over 20 years later.

Comment

• ^his best album (the one RL posted). Maybe not his most influential or ahead of it's time or whatever, but it sounded the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Not true, it's the same way we judge Ali vs Tyson or Robinson vs Mayweather. You have to understand the ENTIRE picture in order to have a logical, unbiased opinion.

If you go simply on what you like, then your rating isn't very valid. I mean I don't like country music but I would be an idiot to suggest that some of those people who write their own music, compose, sing and play instruments aren't talented.

Liking someone is very different than respecting what they did for the genre.
          Respecting what they did I'd totally different. In that aspect, I agree that Rakim paved the way. But it's foolish for people to say he's #1 of all-time by default and if you don't have him as #1 then you're wrong. You don't see a problem with that? Hahaha

Comment

• ready to eat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              It's not hard at all actually if you know your hip hop history.

Rakim is the best ever, hands down. Simply because when rating MC's you have to rate them against their era, it's almost like boxing in that regard. Rakim was two decades ahead of anything anyone was doing at the time and he is still better than most MC's even of today. I mean guys like Drake, Lil Wayne and anyone on 106 and Park sound like they are 5 years old lyrically compared to Rakim.

Second out of that group is KRS-1. He was incredible lyrically but his style wasn't about violence, drugs or women and yet he was one of the most respected MC's of all time because of his intellect on the mic.

Third out of that group is tough because historically I would put Nas over Eminem but I can't deny the impact Eminem has had on Hip Hop. Lyrically he is a beast and him and Dre made a huge change to hip hop in the modern era.

Nas was lyrically ahead of his time as well and IMO, Illmatic is a top 3 album of ALL TIME. That is as close as you get to the perfect hip hop record.

Lastly is Scarface, while I like him a lot and he was probably the most influential MC to come out of Houston, lyrically he just doesn't match up to any of the other one's you mentioned.
              atually, I would put KRS over rakim

Comment

• first off, em is nowhere near the greatest emcee of all time. nowhere even close.

when you get to top 5-10 emcees (of which there are 3 on your list) its really a matter pf personal preference.

nas, rakim, krs, i don't care where you have them, but they are top 10 greatest.

em and face are 10-20 guys and either is amazing,m just depends on what you like, if you like tricks and comedy and appreciate rhyme patterns and whatnot, you prob have em higher. if you respect more of the realness and street cred type stuff, you rank fdace higher.

lol at clowns listening to dj emz on this topic. vanilla ice paved the way for white rappers? wtf is wrong with you? there are no respected white rappers influendced by vanilla ice. if anything, beastie boys, everlast, and third base were the genesis of white rappers. you need to stick to what you know about, like what boxer briefs look the best on dudes. that means you too maniac. how the fuk are you gonna say if krs was around today, you would know what he'd be like compared to drake? ever seen krs live? ever seen drake face to face battle someone? first name greatest, last name ever? that's advanced?

Comment

• In my opinion these three tracks are some of the best proof for putting Rakim at number 1#

Last edited by res; 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• 1. Nas
                    2. Rakim

and I LOVE Rakim. I even preordered his somewhat terrible last album. Got a signature though, so it was worth it. (?)

Comment

• Eminem and Nas are tied!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X