Worst decision ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst decision ever?

Please. Just. Stop.

I'm so tired of hearing this a few times every single year. Sure Pacquiao got robbed, but it wasn't the first and it wasn't the worst. Stop the hyperbole. How come you never hear after a great fight that it was the "best fight ever"? I mean, there is the same number of best fights ever as their are worst decisions ever. Get a grip everybody.

this was in no way shape or form a robbery, nor controversial

Bradley clearly outboxed Pacroid.
    Bradley 116 - 112 Pacroid

Pacroid's mistake for this fight was that since Berto and Peterson both popped positive, Pacroid was afraid to pop himself so he did not juice up for this fight. it is clearly evident in his lack of muscle and lack of power, he landed clear flush shots on Bradley but Bradley walked through them.

Pacroid is without a doubt, THEE most over-rated of all time, the boy has zero boxing skills. all he is is the straight left hand, thats it, no more. he sucks.
    without the needle he aint ****

Comment

Originally posted by cyberthugpatrol View Post
      this was in no way shape or form a robbery, nor controversial

Bradley clearly outboxed Pacroid.
      Bradley 116 - 112 Pacroid

Pacroid's mistake for this fight was that since Berto and Peterson both popped positive, Pacroid was afraid to pop himself so he did not juice up for this fight. it is clearly evident in his lack of muscle and lack of power, he landed clear flush shots on Bradley but Bradley walked through them.

Pacroid is without a doubt, THEE most over-rated of all time, the boy has zero boxing skills. all he is is the straight left hand, thats it, no more. he sucks.
      without the needle he aint ****
      You missed your turn on the NSB exit.

And to say that this fight wasn't controversial is dumber than denying global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Please. Just. Stop.

I'm so tired of hearing this a few times every single year. Sure Pacquiao got robbed, but it wasn't the first and it wasn't the worst. Stop the hyperbole. How come you never hear after a great fight that it was the "best fight ever"? I mean, there is the same number of best fights ever as their are worst decisions ever. Get a grip everybody.

I agree. Great post. I'm also sick of hearing how "this kills boxing." Either these people just started following boxing or they are making a poor attempt to look smart. This was not the first robbery in boxing, far from the worst, and it won't be the last. Boxing is not going anywhere. I'm tired of reading that type of hyporbolic BS as you stated.

Comment

This won't kill boxing but it hurts it's credibility with the mainstream media. Every sport needs its marquee name boxing luckily has two but with Pac getting shafted fans will turn away. I'm not a floyd fan but I wouldn't hold it against him if he retired after seeing Manny lose to the judges just like Hop did to the judges for the jermain fight. Who needs the bullcrap of being screwed?. It won't kill boxing it will hurt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            You missed your turn on the NSB exit.

And to say that this fight wasn't controversial is dumber than denying global warming.
            Man-made global warming IS a crock of un-proven BS.

My vote goes to Graham vs. Gavilan.

Comment

A controversial decision in such a high profile fight is bad for boxing, as cliche as it is to say it almost every weekend.

It is sad to say but the majority doesn't care if a Gabriel Campillo gets robbed for example. There's also the fact that the disappointment in judging has been building up for a long time. Boxing has lost a lot of credibility and much of its fanbase. And now one of its biggest stars is seen as the victim of a bad decision.

While bad decisions have always taken place, it seems like the normal reaction to a fight going to the judges nowadays is to expect the less deserving fighter to get it. That's just not a very good state for boxing to be in.

Nothing is going to be done, so I've stopped caring about most fights going to decisions altogether.

Historically the judging system did evolve to some extent whenever bad decisions came up, but lately it has stopped on its tracks and we still assume that three 70-year old men are capable of judging a high-paced 36 minute fight when the opposite has been proven.
              Last edited by TheGreatA; 06-11-2012, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I have never called any fight the worst decision ever until yesterday its not hyperbole.

Comment

This whole Pacquiao-Bradley situation is hilarious! I love seeing those real life trolls crying and whining because their hero got owned!

Comment

It was a terrible decision but perhaps the worst ever. Sad that this thread attracts trolls that want to gloat.

Comment

Working...
                    X