Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquaio should roll the dice and fight Sergio for the lineal Middle weight title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont mind if Manny fights Serg at a catchweight north of 154. Just imagining it is ridiculous at this point. LOL.

If Floyd continues to duck Manny, fighting Martinez north of 154 is the next best thing. But martinez is a dangerous fighter and has the power that can kill Manny (literally) inside the ring since Manny is a lot smaller. But who knows...

Comment

wasn't martinez willing to fight pacquiao @ 150 lb?

how about a pacquiao-martinez fight @ 152 lb? pac doesn't have to be exactly at 152 lbs and it's easier for martinez to make 152 rather than 150 lbs.

Comment

i know you're just biting my thread..but i agree make it happen...dare to be great..middle weight champion has a historic ring to it

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkness View Post
          wasn't martinez willing to fight pacquiao @ 150 lb?

how about a pacquiao-martinez fight @ 152 lb? pac doesn't have to be exactly at 152 lbs and it's easier for martinez to make 152 rather than 150 lbs.
          fighting him at middle weight and winning the lineal middle weight title has a lot more meaning..but if Sergio wants it at 150 make it happen

Comment

Why doesn't Martinez fight Hopkins at 175? Or even a champ at cruiserweight?
            Same thing.

Comment

Make it happen. I don't think 154 or 160 would make THAT much of a difference. And honestly, he has ALOT to gain but not so much to loose from that fight.

It'd be close, but I'd still pick Manny over him at 160.

If - and that's a big if - the fight happens it wouldn't be at above 150 though.

Comment

Should be @ 149 - 150 Catch-weight. Pac is too small for Martinez.

Comment

I know many of you in this thread love Manny....but Sergio's style is all wrong for him...putting those two styles together is liable to get someone permanently damaged, and it more than likely won't be Martinez...

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                    That would be a career defining fight and would be a great fight, Sergio is a damn good fighter but looks to have slowed down just a tad bit.win or lose no 1 could criticize him for this move...forget 154...make it at 160 for all the marbles
                    I'm confident that pac will beat martinez at 154 but at 160 is a very even fight because of too much size advantage it would be like a JWW vs SMW but pac can outpoint him for 12 rounds.

Comment

lol pac @ 160. what's next pac-wlad? let's not be pretending there. pac's team have said many times they won't go above 150 and i think that's true. pac came up just to catch the bs title, and you won't see him fighting anyone else at 150.
                      floyd should take on the challenge though, a martinez fight would shut the traps of many critics.

Comment

Working...
                      X