Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum Offers Terence Crawford And Vasyl Lomachenko to Mikey Garcia Instead of Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Where would Mikey's career be today if he didn't leave Top Rank and sit on the shelf for 2.5 years?
    ... We don't really know...

But taking the Crawford and Loma fights, instead of big bad Spence, would be far more lucrative and far less damaging for him...

Comment

How about he tries to actually work with Haymon instead of these sham press releases that mean nothing. That might actually produce some real results.

Comment

Mikey should accept that but only on Showtime. A troll for a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          Both those fights are better than Gacia vs Spence
          If he's giving him the same money he's getting for Spence Mikey would be stupid not to take those fights.

I doubt very highly he is doe.

This isn't a legacy thing this is a money thing. Legacy just comes along with the money he's getting for Spence if he wins.

Comment

Uncle Al will not allow those fights to happen. He has too much invested in Mikey now. If Mikey is going to lose, it is going to be to one of Al's stars.

Comment

On showtime??? See that’s the problem!

Comment

I loving this new Arum, am one of his critics but he is winning me over lately.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  He needs opponents for Crawford and knows the situation at hand right now. Unless he can get one of the PBC WWs, then Crawford will be wasting the last years of his prime fighting over matched opponents. So what Arum is doing is he putting it out to the media that he is ready to make the Spence fight now or he has offered Garcia this deal to show Crawford, "See, it's not me, it's Haymon that is preventing all these fights!" I'm sure when Crawford re-upped his deal with TR, it is written in contract that Arum will do everything possible to make those fights with PBC fighters. I wonder if eventually one of the PBC WWs come to ESPN to fight Crawford while in return Arum gives up Zurdo to one of his SMWs, in particular Benavidez down the road?
                  I doubt it. Not unless they lose and aren't as useful. The lines have been drawn and I think Arum's gonna get squeezed. He is impressive though. People still believe his BS after all these years.

Comment

I'm down for that

Comment

More Bob Arum shenanigans. Why not Loma-Mikey right away? Both are lightweight champions.

Comment

Working...
                      X