Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko showboating is celebrated, When Gervonta Davis does its criticized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can be amusing when a real good fighter showboats but when an unproven, little punk like Davis does it, it is rubbish.

Prove something before you do all that. You cant be struggling with Someone like Fonseca and showboat at the same time.

You gotta dominate to Showboat

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
      How is davis an idiot? How do you know that lomachenko is acting when he showboats on a more consistent basis?
      Lomachenko is very intelligent and mature if you watch his interviews. Even last night, his responses were quite mature whereas many idiots would just try to troll. He knows when to showboat but once it's out the ring, he comes back down to earth.

Davis is an absolute idiot. You can watch an interview and you can tell he's an arrogant idiot who grew up on the streets and is uneducated. If Andre Ward showboated, I wouldn't really care because he's very methodical and intelligent person.

Comment

Taunting is part of boxing. It's not useless as some people think. It's a way to get yourself relaxed mentally and also to confuse the other fighter. I have no problems with anyone doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          Lomachenko is very intelligent and mature if you watch his interviews. Even last night, his responses were quite mature whereas many idiots would just try to troll. He knows when to showboat but once it's out the ring, he comes back down to earth.

Davis is an absolute idiot. You can watch an interview and you can tell he's an arrogant idiot who grew up on the streets and is uneducated. If Andre Ward showboated, I wouldn't really care because he's very methodical and intelligent person.
          What does davis say in interviews that makes him an arrogant idiot?

so Loma is mature yet he showboats consistently and is more disrespectful.

Also Mayweather conducted great mature interviews throughout his career, yet his antics werent celebrated like loma's.

Comment

Loma also punched after the bell. Tank mocks his opponent and is labeled a thug. The double standards here are hilarious

Comment

What does davis say in interviews that makes him an arrogant idiot?

so Loma is mature yet he showboats consistently and is more disrespectful.

Also Mayweather conducted great mature interviews throughout his career, yet his antics werent celebrated like loma's.
              You can watch 1 Davis interview and can tell he's uneducated.

And that's what I said about Lomachenko. He's mature but I can get past him showboating udring fights because it's an act. I know once the fight is over, he'll go back to being a mature and intelligent guy, which we saw in the fight post interview.

Usually the thing with Floyd is how he lives his lifestyle. He can try to be a mature guy after interviews but if his lifestyle doesn't align, then people obviously aren't going to take what he says seriously. Like I said, a guy like Ward is a great example. Same with Tim Bradley's attitude in and out of the ring. I don't like Tyson Fury.

So yea, stop trying to make it black and white.

Comment

Someone break this down for me

As a proud american I'm confused

I think we all know why
                Davis is black and Loma is white it’s that simple
                Sucks but that’s the honest truth

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Bellow his skill level, yes, but great fighters.

And when Loma does it, it is a taunt that puts himself in danger if his opponent is good enough.

Davis does it when the fight is over.

Do you know what class is?
                  I know what a garbage post is. If it's not okay for fighter A it's not okay for fighter B.

In-fight showboating is okay because...it's part of the damn sport. After fight showboating is what I don't like.

And Loma has made many pointless statements after whooping Rigo that were classless. Those statements served no purpose at all other than salt on the wound.

Classless :/

As stated in another thread I still like Loma and hope he matures a bit in between now and his next fight. Guy is an incredible talent.

For the record, Loma beats Rigo at any weight class and probably any point in their careers. Blinding movement (lateral), upper body movement, and hand speed. He attacks at different heights, angles, and leads with different punches. Very hard to predict and very hard to counter if you don't know what's coming.

Comment

Loma wasn't showboating last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                      I know what a garbage post is. If it's not okay for fighter A it's not okay for fighter B.

In-fight showboating is okay because...it's part of the damn sport. After fight showboating is what I don't like.

And Loma has made many pointless statements after whooping Rigo that were classless. Those statements served no purpose at all other than salt on the wound.

Classless :/

As stated in another thread I still like Loma and hope he matures a bit in between now and his next fight. Guy is an incredible talent.

For the record, Loma beats Rigo at any weight class and probably any point in their careers. Blinding movement (lateral), upper body movement, and hand speed. He attacks at different heights, angles, and leads with different punches. Very hard to predict and very hard to counter if you don't know what's coming.

All showboating is not the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X