Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa: I'll Win a Title First, Then I Want Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear Gamboa talk this way. It's exactly the plan I've been espousing. Yuri needs every chance to get ready for Broner. That's going to be a tough fight for my boy. If it happens, it's gotta happen in late 2013.

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
      Gamboa is using the oldest trick in the book by constantly using Broner's name for promotion cause he CLEARLY wants no part of Broner!!!! Broner would smash his ass, 50 knows it and so does Gamboa so they need to cut the BS!!! Demarco would smash Gamboa at this point.
      Why would Gamboa use his name for promotion lol .. None of them are big moneymakers .. So he's calling out Broner cuz he wants no part of him ? Lol ok interesting .. Gamboa smashes demarco easy too .. I agree that broner would be too much for him tho but Gamboa is foreal too

Comment

Broner will KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Adrien's ppl move him up before the fight can be made..Guarantee it. Too much risk involved, Gamboa just looked rusty in his last fight and Bronner has yet to fight someone with Gamboa's type skill and accuracy..Considering Gamboa also spent a ton of time in the gym with Floyd the shell mode isn't going to be as effective vs him as it was vs demarco. If the fight gets made I see Adrien fighting safely from the outside and not pushing the action. I still stand that bronner while gift is massively overrated, waiting to see him fight someone with his sort of build and who hits just as hard. Demarco looked like a pre-teen compared to Bronner physically.
          That makes no sense.. Broner is a big guy and was never going to be at 135 long. Gamboa knows that. Broner wants that fight next, Gamboa doesn't.. Don't see how that's Broners ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
            Gamboa has too many strikes against him.

- Overly aggressive
            - Small
            - Lack of defense

Broner can match if not exceed Gamboa's speed and is bigger and more powerful.

Gamboa won't out quick him. He can't outbox him. I don't see a viable path to victory for Gamboa. Don't see how anybody does.
            Broner is not as fast as Gamboa in any way. Yuri has faster hands and faster overall movement. But Broner is obviously bigger. He hits at least as hard as Yuri, if not harder. Adrien is also better defensively. In the end, I agree, I think Broner has the edge. Fights don't always play out the way they look on paper, however. That's part of the fun. Trying to figure it all out and then seeing if you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by aces725 View Post
              Why would Gamboa use his name for promotion lol .. None of them are big moneymakers .. So he's calling out Broner cuz he wants no part of him ? Lol ok interesting .. Gamboa smashes demarco easy too .. I agree that broner would be too much for him tho but Gamboa is foreal too
              There you go. Somebody's gotta win. Doesn't mean one sucks. If one was great and the other a scrub, why would anyone want to watch in the first place?

Comment

Only fight worth watchin at 135

I like that fight. Gamboa's defense is mediocre at best though. Gamboa would prob get caught a few times then go into survival mode. Kinda like when Farenas caught him, only it would happen more often against Broner. Broner by UD

Comment

Broner takes this.

And if Gamboa wants fights like this he needs to tell his promoter to keep the twitter beefs to a minimum. After going back and forth with DLH and then tagging along with Top Rank, I wonder how willing GBP is to work with Fitty....

Comment

I still think Gamboa is at his best at 126-130! Hopefully him chasing big money fights in heavier weight classes doesn't ruin him

Comment

Gamboa doesnt want the fight. Hes about to be 31 in a few days. The time is now not 3 fights from now.

Comment

Working...
                      X