No announcement yet.

Sports Illustrated puts Adrien Broner ahead of Carl Froch in P4P rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    they also have johnathon banks in the top 10. wtf!
    Now that is crazy............. LOL

Comment

really dont have a problem with Broner @ #12. . . I really don't - Broner is 12-16ish IMO. He's a two-weight champion now, and wins over DeMarco, and Escobedo are solid wins. Not to mention the manner in which he's handled these guys, and his raw skills, and attributes. . .

But Froch @ #15?! He's 8-10. . . I can't think of 10 guys that deserve to be ahead of Froch. . .

Look at the 9 fight run Froch has had: Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson, Ward, Bute, Mack. That's old school **** right there - we won't see another fighter take on fights like this back to back to back in a long time.
      Last edited by UglyPug; 11-19-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        I think Adrian Broner is better P4P than Carl Froch.

He's had world titles in TWO divisions, and he's the best lightweight.

Froch has only had a belt in ONE division, and he's never been the best super-middleweight.
        broner won one of his titles against some random bum and demarco was ranked #1 and his best win was over a guy ranked #9? sad competition when compared to 168. demarco being #1 is like having adonis stevenson #1 at 168. guy who hasn't done much but biased rankings and crappy division equals #1!

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          really dont have a problem with Broner @ #12. . . I really don't - Broner is 12-16ish IMO. He's a two-weight champion now, and wins over DeMarco, and Escobedo are solid wins. Not to mention the manner in which he's handled these guys, and his raw skills, and attributes. . .

But Froch @ #15?! He's 8-10. . .

Froch is definitely above Broner by 3-5 spots.
          That's more my issue. That Froch is lower than him, not that Broner is that high. I'd have at around 15 or so. No way in hell he deserves to be in front of Froch.

Comment

broner doesn't yet have a career defining fight. everyone in the top 10 does. demarco was shit. broner is over rated and a hype job in the making. does bute ring any bells?

Comment

That's crazy.......

Comment

This ^^^^^^

You just have to watch Broner and you can see he's more talented than Froch.
                So don't worry about proving it against the best???

Comment

This ^^^^^^

You just have to watch Broner and you can see he's more talented than Froch.
                  Talent is subjective and has absolutely no bearing on rankings whatsoever.

Last time I checked you're ranked based on your actual resume, not your hypothetical one.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Last time I checked you're ranked based on your actual resume, not your hypothetical one.
                    Best post of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

no. gary russell is p4p #1. look at da speed! as long as he keeps beating those bums he can't be dethroned.

Comment

Working...
                      X