Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit should ward get for beating weight drain DAWSON?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch and Kessler were better wins, IMO. The Dawson fight should have been at a catchweight.

Comment

Ward had everything his way that night.

Poor management on Shaw's part.

5/10

A catchweight would've been fair... 172lbs

Comment

It hurt him in my eyes, I had some respect for him before he took this fight.

Comment

no risk no credit

Comment

Ward gets little credit. I wo
            nt give him full credit until he faces an american slick boxer like either one of the dirrell brothers. Dawson has no heart and poor conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
              Ward gets little credit. I wo
              nt give him full credit until he faces an american slick boxer like either one of the dirrell brothers. Dawson has no heart and poor conditioning.
              LOL at that, and boosting Andre Dirrell at the same time.

At 175 Dawson woulda been Ward's career best win.

Comment

7 out of 10. Ward does need to move up and give Dawson a rematch.

Comment

Neutral becuz it was Dawson's idea... It was a complete wipe out of a skilled fighter... But he was definitely affected by the weight

Comment

Ward put on a good performance that night. Ward beat a fighter that has the potential to be great, but hasn't been impressive in a while. Dawson fought outside of his weight class, but do I think he was weight drained? No. We saw what Johnson was able to do to him in their first meeting, so it's no surprise what Ward, being younger and quicker on his feet was able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankJack View Post
                      Ward put on a good performance that night. Ward beat a fighter that has the potential to be great, but hasn't been impressive in a while. Dawson fought outside of his weight class, but do I think he was weight drained? No. We saw what Johnson was able to do to him in their first meeting, so it's no surprise what Ward, being younger and quicker on his feet was able to do.
                      Dawson was effected by the weight, it was clear as day that he was effected. He looked dead in the opening bell, no foot movement, his foot was glued the canvas, poor reflexes. He was getting hit by every punch Ward threw.

It wasn't just the weight, there was a lot of factors against Dawson going into the fight. That wasn't Dawson at his best, that was Dawson at his worst.

Comment

Working...
                      X