No announcement yet.

I cannot be the only one....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot be the only one....

who has a significant other who gets seemingly quite irritated at the amount that i train.

i usually get up in the morning and do an hour (mainly while she sleeps) and then before dinner i am down at the track for about 90 minutes.

I'm a little older which to me is all the more reason to stay in shape but her complaint is 'you could be doing stuff around here' blah, blah, blah.

Am i the only one?

bear in mind, i work at a gym. maybe twenty hours per week. i cook, make sure the place is clean (cuz she's a sucker with a full time job) and i have extra time.

so what's her beef?

no, you're not the only one.

my ex would complain about not spending enough time with her while I was training for fights. Wake up and run, sleep and be at the gym for a few hours, get out of the gym and it's immediately to work. Go to sleep and I'd get up to do it all again. Sunday was the only day that I had completely free.

I did mention to her that I could come over to her house for my runs and she could just ride a bike next to me, she wasn't having it.

fighters have to make sacrifices to do what they do and woman just generally will not understand that.

I know it's cliche but its true. If you want to fight having no ties to women is the way to do it. But the best way to do it is to find a good strong minded girl who will work with you through it. They can be your greatest care giver or your worst enemy on the path of your dream.........Rockin'

Comment

So true, I get up before dawn to run, take a shower make my on breakfast then off to work, I get at least 2 maybe 3 days max to go to the gym because I don't get to spend time with her or my son. At night I train about 45 minutes to myself while my son sleeps and she is reading or playing video games. As Rockin' stated it's either old school ways of thinking (i.e. no women) or a strong minded woman. My coach who is a former world champ has been married before he turned pro. Boxing was a fulltime job for him and she supported him 100%. I believe the correlation is very high as to his success in and out the ring.

Comment

Lol, she's just mad that you keep yourself in shape....i.e attractive to other females. That and she's probably lazy.

She wants you to let yourself go so that you would be some kind of whipped slave.

true story

Comment

Sorry to hear so many complaints.

My wife is incredible (in every way) and is extremely supportive of my training. Of course, I am careful to balance it out with family time.

Comment

Not to take away from my wife she supports me but as people aren't lining up to pay me 100K to fight she just would rather me spend time with her. I totally understand, balancing time to train and family is very very difficult especially when you have kids.

Comment

Have you tried slapping her around a little?

Comment

That's part of the game as well

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  Have you tried slapping her around a little?
                  nah, she could take me.

Comment

Mine is always pushing me to train MORE, no matter how hard I train. I try to explain to her that I can't let boxing take precedent over running my business but she doesn't seem to care. Still not sure why she feels this way, she rarely even watches boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X