Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson coming up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson coming up?

this should be a good matchup. Although I've seen little of Henderson outside his last few UFC fights.

As much as ppl sweat Dans last victory, I was really unimpressed. While a decision victory is good, Dan had many times to finish Palares when he was on the ground but didnt, maybe in an attempt to be cautious.

I miss the Pride Dan that went for knockouts and as much as he should win, Rich aint gonna let him fight all cautious like that

Comment

Dan Henderson via TKO.

EZ.

Comment

I have to disagree with ya there Bricksy me old boy. They're pretty even as far as skills are concerned, Franklin with an edge in technical ability with Hendo having the edge in explosiveness and durability. It's a toss up in really.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
          I have to disagree with ya there Bricksy me old boy. They're pretty even as far as skills are concerned, Franklin with an edge in technical ability with Hendo having the edge in explosiveness and durability. It's a toss up in really.
          It's a toss up between the two, if you negate one factor. And that factor is commonly referred to as a glass jaw, my friend.

Comment

If you mean Franklin then once again I must disagree. He doesn't have a glass jaw not by any stretch. Just look at his fights with Tanner, Rivera, Stout to name a few who all have heavy hands and Franklin took good shots off of all of them. To use his fights with Silva as the basis for saying he has a glass jaw isn't very fair since it took alot of stikes to put Franklin away and Silva's striking is technically perfect for MMA whereas Hendo's is just reckless and wild and easily countered by a good technical striker, of which Franklin is. But even so, it's still a toss up.

Comment

i would give Franklin a better shot if this fight were at 185 instead of 205. at 205 Dan's gas tank seems to be better. if it stays standing i can see Dan eating a few shots to try and deliver his trademark right hand. if that ain't going too well, i can see him taking the fight to the ground and controlling Franklin towards a decision victory

Comment

If you mean Franklin then once again I must disagree. He doesn't have a glass jaw not by any stretch. Just look at his fights with Tanner, Rivera, Stout to name a few who all have heavy hands and Franklin took good shots off of all of them. To use his fights with Silva as the basis for saying he has a glass jaw isn't very fair since it took alot of stikes to put Franklin away and Silva's striking is technically perfect for MMA whereas Hendo's is just reckless and wild and easily countered by a good technical striker, of which Franklin is. But even so, it's still a toss up.
                If you put Dan Henderson into Rich Franklin's shoes when he fought Lyoto Machida, the outcome would have been drastically different. I'm talking the punch that dropped Franklin and led to him being put out. Now I'm not saying that it wouldn't have dropped Hendo, but I promise you that if he was caught by that shot that the fight would not have been stopped there.

My 2 Cents.

PS: Didn't Henderson deal with Anderson's striking a bit better than Rich?

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
                  If you put Dan Henderson into Rich Franklin's shoes when he fought Lyoto Machida, the outcome would have been drastically different. I'm talking the punch that dropped Franklin and led to him being put out. Now I'm not saying that it wouldn't have dropped Hendo, but I promise you that if he was caught by that shot that the fight would not have been stopped there.

My 2 Cents.

PS: Didn't Henderson deal with Anderson's striking a bit better than Rich?
                  Again using what Machida did to Franklin and saying that Hendo wouldn't have been finished by that when he has never even fought Machida is unfair. You can only assume what would happen but in reality until they matchup then its all hear'say. Plus the difference is that Franklin's losses have come to guys whose striking is world-class and near enough the perfect technical striking I have seen in MMA. Franklin has fantastic standup and is very elusive with it due to his swift footwork, he just was in there with better strikers than him. Hendo on the other hand although a heavy handed MOFO isn't a world-class striker and is very one dimensional with his striking. Franklin can pick shots very well and sets them up very well. And I wouldn't say that Hendo dealt with Silva's striking better than Franklin, he got rocked coming forward and was submitted with relative ease IMO. I mean even Big Nog and Lil Nog had more trouble tapping Hendo than Silva did. Just cos Hendo didn't get knocked out doesn't mean he has the advantage going into the fight with Franklin, that's like saying that because Sylvia knocked the crap out of Ricco and Nogueira didn't have an answer for Ricco and wound up winning what some might call a controversial decision over him means that Sylvia would have had the advantage because he destroyed Ricco, when in reality until the match actually happened it was all just speculation. He would have to catch Franklin with a big one in order to make it count and although he is more than capable of doing so, doesn't mean it is set in stone. Like I said before, its a toss up, having a glass jaw wouldn't matter even if he did have one, which I don't believe he has. I mean, Andrei Arlovski has been said to have a glass jaw but it is all reliant on whether or not he gets caught on the chin or not. If you can't hit him right on the button then it isn't a factor. I expect it to be competitive and exciting and I looked forward to seeing this fight happen for years now, and now it is.

Comment

Again using what Machida did to Franklin and saying that Hendo wouldn't have been finished by that when he has never even fought Machida is unfair. You can only assume what would happen but in reality until they matchup then its all hear'say. Plus the difference is that Franklin's losses have come to guys whose striking is world-class and near enough the perfect technical striking I have seen in MMA. Franklin has fantastic standup and is very elusive with it due to his swift footwork, he just was in there with better strikers than him. Hendo on the other hand although a heavy handed MOFO isn't a world-class striker and is very one dimensional with his striking. Franklin can pick shots very well and sets them up very well. And I wouldn't say that Hendo dealt with Silva's striking better than Franklin, he got rocked coming forward and was submitted with relative ease IMO. I mean even Big Nog and Lil Nog had more trouble tapping Hendo than Silva did. Just cos Hendo didn't get knocked out doesn't mean he has the advantage going into the fight with Franklin, that's like saying that because Sylvia knocked the crap out of Ricco and Nogueira didn't have an answer for Ricco and wound up winning what some might call a controversial decision over him means that Sylvia would have had the advantage because he destroyed Ricco, when in reality until the match actually happened it was all just speculation. He would have to catch Franklin with a big one in order to make it count and although he is more than capable of doing so, doesn't mean it is set in stone. Like I said before, its a toss up, having a glass jaw wouldn't matter even if he did have one, which I don't believe he has. I mean, Andrei Arlovski has been said to have a glass jaw but it is all reliant on whether or not he gets caught on the chin or not. If you can't hit him right on the button then it isn't a factor. I expect it to be competitive and exciting and I looked forward to seeing this fight happen for years now, and now it is.
                    Nice evaluation, but I am coming from the perspective of an avid MMA spectator and (somewhat) practitioner. And between two people with the caliber of knowledge that we have, I think it's safe to say that we have seen Henderson absorb both harder shots than what Machida knocked Franklin out with, and surely much harder shots than we've ever seen Franklin throw against any opponent.

Just a note, I wouldn't say Sylvia "knocked the crap" out of Nogueira. I saw it as Nogueira being off balance from his head movement. I believe your argument is better illustrated with his sole victory over Ricco Rodriguez.

Comment

Working...
                    X