Roach as a trainer getting exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks? Don't be silly

He's easily top 10 today, and arguably even #1

That being said, he only has true success with guys that have amazing physical gifts...

Look at Tim Bradley... That guy literally has nothing special physically (Not very fast, almost no power, he's very short... I mean, come on), yet he's #2 or #1A in his weight class... Lets see Roach make a world champion top lb for lb fighter out of someone like Tim. Than I'll be a believer

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
      Sucks? Don't be silly

He's easily top 10 today, and arguably even #1

That being said, he only has true success with guys that have amazing physical gifts...

Look at Tim Bradley... That guy literally has nothing special physically (Not very fast, almost no power, he's very short... I mean, come on), yet he's #2 or #1A in his weight class... Lets see Roach make a world champion top lb for lb fighter out of someone like Tim. Than I'll be a believer
      ????Bradley is already a top p4p fighter....

Comment

This must be a joke thread....

Pac fights like Freddie Roach taught him..... Roach teaches an excellent offensive style of fighting that sets a lot of offensive traps especially against counter-punchers.

Khan won by at least 3 rounds last night, he was technically superior to Lamont Peterson.

Khan's fighting ability increased tremendously under Roach, he was no elite fighter until he was trained by Roach.

Comment

Roach owes his fame to Pacquiao and Pacquiao owes his superstardom to Arum. Pac was a champ before Roach and noone had heard of him. Before Top Rank Pac was a top fighter in his weight class. After he signs with Arum he is a top P4P fighter. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Roach gives his fighters a gameplan tht normally works but when it doesn't there isn't a plan b. If the gameplan isn't working then u wouldn't wanna go to the corner n see roach waiting 4 u.

Comment

Frauddie is what he is....been saying this for SOOOOOOO long...dude is way overrated!!...Manny made that clown!!

Comment

Roach's fighters are like the 2011 Patriots. Awesome record breaking offense and the leauge's worst D. Is he overrated? Yes. Is he a bad trainer? Hell no.

Comment

I honestly don't understand why fighters such as Khan, or even Dawson don't seek out the Mayweathers and stick with them. Sure, they're crazy, but all drama aside they know boxing in and out.

They could teach Khan how to defend himself, first and foremost. Work on his inside game, teach him to fire from the pocket, get him acclimated to facing pressure, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                    You morons fail to realise that before Khan joined Roach and his camp, Khan was getting rocked by featherweights and getting ktfo by guys like Prescott, and after joining Roach started beating some of the best fighters in his division.

Roach is not a perfect trainer. He takes raw fighters with speed and offensive potential and makes them more technically sound, and provides them with a basic, but still much more effective, defensive style to make up for their liabilities. and thats a very good fit for many fighters like Manny and Khan.

all trainers, except for guys like Futch and Arcel, have their weak points and strong points, and theres only so much they can do with a fighter who already have specific physical qualities, skill level and mentality.
                    that because ariza has done a better job at getting khan in to shape

Comment

I've been saying it all along, he's getting all these awards and shit cause of Pac. Nacho is a better trainer than him in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X