No announcement yet.

For argument sake: Lets say Pacquiao does decide to fight Paul Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For argument sake: Lets say Pacquiao does decide to fight Paul Williams

Would the fight still be acceptable at 147 after Pac fought Margarito at a catch-weight of 150?

If Paul agreed and states he'd make 147 easily like he has said in so many occasions why not?

Comment

Dream big...

Comment

of course it would be,bigmouth p will said he can make 143,lets do it

manny vs p will 143

Comment

Ok so for the sake of argument Pac agrees to take the 40-60 split.

Comment

I think it would. Just that they shouldnt make williams fight at a catch weight. If Williams can really make 147 just make it at 147.

Now for the fight itself I think Paul sums it up well:

"A fight with me and Pacquiao, it would be a good fight for three or four rounds, then I would put him on his head," "That is not me being cocky, just being confident in myself. I'm just going to take him right out of there. As soon as they put the gloves on him, they will take them off.

"No disrespect to Pacquiao and his trainer, Freddie Roach. I like them. But if they get in that water, I'm going to blow them right out of it."

I doubt the fight will ever happen even at 147. Williams is almost a foot taller and it would just look awful and has a massive reach advantage.
            Last edited by -Johannes-; 10-08-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
              of course it would be,bigmouth p will said he can make 143,lets do it

manny vs p will 143
              jeez.. can you imagine a guy at 6 foot 3 fighting at 143 pounds? Nobody wants to be reminded about the holocaust.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-08-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post

Sure, thing Pac gets 40 and P-Will gets 60. Or give Pac 20 and P-Will 80.

Now back to the original question would it be acceptable to have it at 147 after the Marg fight was at 150?

I mean if Pac can fight Marg at 150 why not P-Will at 150?
                Last edited by jrosales13; 10-08-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post

70 for pac and 30 for williams is more like it, but who cares? I think jro wants to hear from experts here what they think would happen during fight night if pac hypothetically agrees to fight pwill.

Personally, I would like to see pac fight berto or bradley.

Comment

I don't see any reasonable explanation of why it wouldn't be acceptable. William is a tall guy with an HW reach advantage, Manny would still look like an underdog even though he's a much better boxer than P-Will. At the end of the day, i would go with Manny. The only thing IMO that seems impressive about P-Will is his workrate and punching output, other than that he's very limited technique-wise.
                    Last edited by Carpe Diem; 10-08-2010, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X