No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: Lee Selby Excites Me, He's a Hidden Gem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: Lee Selby Excites Me, He's a Hidden Gem

Welshman Lee Selby has become the latest boxer to agree a promotional deal with Matchroom Boxing. The British and Commonwealth featherweight champion, who has won all but one of his 15 fights, follows in the footsteps of Matchroom's recent acquisitions Ricky Burns and George Groves.

But despite Selby's lack of recognition outside boxing circles, managing director Eddie Hearn believes he has the potential to be the biggest draw of all three.

"Everyone knows about George and Ricky, but there is something about Lee that really excites me, he's a hidden gem," Hearn said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lee Selby definitely looks one with big potential. He's head and shoulders above the other domestic talent and looks so big and strong at the weight.

When he turned pro he turned pro at the weight above. He's moved down and looks so much better for it.

He's has plenty of talent and ability - he needs to be smarter above his shot selection and think about his D and body position when he throws.

That aside, he's certainly one that at bare minimum should pick up a World Title.

His brother is also a real talent - Andrew Selby, imo, the most naturally gifted fighter in the UK. He's an amateur and you never know if they'll make that transition to the pro's, but he's a Euro Gold and World Silver Medalist (although I thought he won the Gold).

Two brothers that could go on to make plenty of noise in the future!

Comment

I for one would love to see one of those infamous sparring sessions with a heavyweight.

Comment

I for one would love to see one of those infamous sparring sessions with a heavyweight.

---------------------------------------

Lol - yeah, that's an exaggeration! Probably does but they're obviously holding back plenty. Either that or it's a misquote

Comment

Working...
        X