Denis Boytsov vs. Tyson Fury cancelled but may happen in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denis Boytsov vs. Tyson Fury cancelled but may happen in 2013

Boxing News ‏@BoxingNewsED

Press release has come through saying Denis Boytsov is not in shape to fight Tyson Fury. They are interested in the fight for 2013
    According to comments on twitter, looks like Tyson Fury will be fighting Tony Grano on Dec 1.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

Universum announced 12/1 Denis Boytsov-Tyson Fury fight is off. No reason given. I never believed it was really on in 1st place. #boxing

Comment

LOL, knew it was too good to be true.

Hennessy's not ready to cash in on Fury, just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Boxing News ‏@BoxingNewsED

According to comments on twitter, looks like Tyson Fury will be fighting Tony Grano on Dec 1.
        God damn it. I was looking forward to that one. At least Perez-Chagaev is still on.

Does this Tony Grano actually stand a chance of winning? I've never heard of him, so I'm guessing he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
          God damn it. I was looking forward to that one. At least Perez-Chagaev is still on.

Does this Tony Grano actually stand a chance of winning? I've never heard of him, so I'm guessing he doesn't.
          No, he's a small heavyweight, a decent journeyman on the level of Brian Minto but not good enough to be a real threat to Fury.

Grano will give it his best effort, though.

Comment

The rumored battle between the British Tyson Fury (19-0, 14 KOs) and the unbeaten heavyweight Denis Boytsov (31-0, 25 KOs) will not take place. The CEO of Universurm is apparently really disappointed, however, is acting in the best interests of his own fighter. "It's really a shame because it would have been a great fight. Two undefeated heavyweight hopes in a direct duel. Unfortunately, Denis is not in the shape to contest such an duel now. The bout could be placed in 2013," says Kluch.

See ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Boytsov wanted the fight, it was Universum's Klutch that decided to pull him out.

Denis may leave Universum after the end of the year.

I see Rakhim Chakhkiev is fighting on Saturday's K-2 card. Hopefully they'll sign Rakhim and Boytsov once their contracts with Universum have expired.

Comment

I've basically lost all hope for Boytsov

He will eventually just look good on someones record

Comment

Shame, it was a decent fight.

Comment

Boytsov is (was) a fine prospect. The way things are going with Universum, I can sort of understand that he is not ready. They probably could not provide the proper means of preparation ie sparring etc.

There's a multitude of lawsuits coming up from Fighters that havent received their purses so this is likely a reasonable move from Boytsov.

The rest of the world will have to wonder what could have been had Boytsov been with a better promotor.

Comment

Working...
                    X