Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst chin - Erik Morales, Roy Jones Jr or Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Come on Reed, everyone get's hit but it's not like Roy is known for going through Wars. In his prime he was very hard to hit. I wouldn't say he has a bad chin but I think it's fair to say that he's not known for having a great one either and maybe because he never went through those wars.

You may be right, he may have a great chin even though Tarver and Johnson might disagree with that.
    I never said he had a great chin.

You said he never got hit in his prime..

Comment

Roy by default...and that's cause nobody could get to it

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Ummmmmmmm......

I guess you can't read and thus your prove my point. Tyson has never been put to sleep. Read my post and then look at your video...then throw your computer out of the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
          It is disgraceful for you to even associate Erik Morales with having a bad chin and shows you don't know anything about boxing and probably started watching a few years ago. Erik Morales had a granite chin. He got knocked out by Garcia because he was completely shot (from so many wars and being old), and was fighting way above his best weight.

Not only was his chin amazing, but he recovered almost instantly when he was hurt. He would just fire back like his life was on the line and would hurt you right back.
          Not to mention the Garcia shot was ****ing incredible.

It's a testament to his amazing chin that he was still conscious after taking that at that age.

Comment

Roy Jones got tagged a bit more than usual in the Griffith I fight and he didn't flinch at all.

There was one big swinging left that must have been out of his peripheral vision, Roy just took it flush and kept going as normal, which wasn't much for a large part of the bout.

Comment

Is this for real? Out of those, it's easily Roy. Morales had one of the best chins ever. Tyson also had an amazing chin. He was never taken out with just one punch but an accumulation of them. Think how many times Danny Williams had to land to put him down? And that's when Tyson had no stamina to even finish a 5-rounder. It's crazy suggesting Morales or Tyson had anything but top level chins.

Comment

Not fair for people to pick Jones who was knocked at 34+ years old. He was hit in his prime, his legs were just so solid that he took the punches very well. He became old and lost his legs, especially with the 25lbs drop[OF MUSCLE].

Tyson is the worst IMO. How can you say he had a good chin in his prime, this is a guy that really didn't get hit How can you get hit when your fights end in seconds and worst case scenario in a few rounds.

What's it going to be, was he past prime in the Douglas fight, because if he was, before that fight his fights were ending instantly. So you can't possibly know he had a great chin in his "Prime"[what ever his prime was]. He was 24 years old and past prime? I understand if he'd been in a ton of wars by that age, and was shopworn, but please; he was not.

Just a disclaimer, i'm not saying Tyson had a bad chin, just out of those 3 he did. Jones? Come on, this guy was dropped at the oldest age from those 3. Like a lot of people have said, Morales shouldn't be there.

Comment

None of them. Two were past their best and althoughTyson lost in his prime...his chin stood up to severe punishment for 9+ rounds.

Comment

Tyson had the best chin of all 3. He took shots from 6ft 5 heavyweights. Morales had a fantastic chin for his weight but I would like to see him take a shot from Lennox.

Comment

Working...
                    X