MAYWEATHER vs. MARTINEZ vs. ALVAREZ: Let's Discuss Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Dawson comes down 8 pounds after 6 years: Full credit to ward, not drained

Same posters on possibility of Sergio coming down 6 pounds after 3 years against Floyd: He'll def be drained

and not unusually, these floyd huggers claim cotto going down ONE MINISCULE POUND from his last fight was drained against manny

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      People don't understand sizes, period!!

One guy is 150 pounds in the ring. The other guy is 170 pounds in the ring.
      How many weight classes apart are they in reality?

I'm shocked that confuses people who call themselves boxing fans.

#arithmetic
      Yea so what? Is rehydration new to boxing or something

Sergio was rumored to be at 167 btw for chavez for a 160 bout. Ortiz was 163 i think for a 147 bout against floyd

Also you use ring weight and not weigh in weights to separate guys into weight class?

Difference between Floyd and Martinez currently is 1 division whether you like it or not. Its simple really

Comment

The facts are this......

1. Sergio hasn't been to 154 lbs since February 2009, which will be 4 years this February.
        2. Sergio could have moved back down to 154 anytime since and put himself in line to fight Cotto, Angulo, Kirkland, Lara, etc. And he hasn't.
        3. The people saying "You're just speculating by saying Sergio can't make 154" are speculating already on their own by saying he can without a doubt make 154 fine and healthy.
        4. Sergio is in his 3rd weight class, his 2nd weight class that he's been technically a champion at. Floyd is at his 4th weight class at 147 and his 5th weight class at 154 lbs. Floyd fighting at 154, 24 lbs above where he started, would be like Sergio fighting at SMW of LHW based on where he started.
        5. This fight doesn't need to happen , but major props to Floyd if it did happen. People just want to see Floyd beaten up by a guy who's 2 weight classes naturally bigger than he is right now.

Sergio can make his legacy by cleaning out MW, which has plenty of fights. If he could make 154 so easy and retain his strengths at that weight, why hasn't he moved down since 2010 and put himself in position to fight Cotto, Angulo, Kirkland, Lara, etc.

After he beat Pavlik and Williams at MW, he could have moved down in 2011, if he's really a SWW. Instead he fought Dzinziruk, at 160, and Darren Barker. If he could make 154 so easily, wh wouldn't he have moved down in 2011 and fought Angulo or Lara???

Comment

160 or nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Yea so what? Is rehydration new to boxing or something

Sergio was rumored to be at 167 btw for chavez for a 160 bout. Ortiz was 163 i think for a 147 bout against floyd

Also you use ring weight and not weigh in weights to separate guys into weight class?

Difference between Floyd and Martinez currently is 1 division whether you like it or not. Its simple really
            And Martinez is how many divisions away from Ward, Froch and Dirrell?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Sergio can make his legacy by cleaning out MW, which has plenty of fights. If he could make 154 so easy and retain his strengths at that weight, why hasn't he moved down since 2010 and put himself in position to fight Cotto, Angulo, Kirkland, Lara, etc.
              What would be the point in moving down unless he got Cotto or Mayweather?

Remember he already offered Angulo the chance to fight for the Middleweight title at 155! Angulo didn't wanna fight him and neither does Kirkland.

I dunno if Lara would but honestly, why move down for Lara? Stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Ward is at 168, Martinez is at 160

Thats 1 division

Yes i agree. Like i said in the other thread its basically the same thing for them.
                He's talking about agreeing on the weight limit. Does that sound like someone ready to come all the way down to 154?
                Yea and agree on a weight limit can mean anything. Maybe cotto wants a 155 limit himself as he has expressed his desire for a MW title.

And does it sound like someone ready to come all the way to 154? No it sounds like someone who wants to agree on a specific limit, nothing less or more. Its called reaching otherwise

Comment

Martinez Vs Mayweather could be at a catchweight of 157

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    What would be the point in moving down unless he got Cotto or Mayweather?

Remember he already offered Angulo the chance to fight for the Middleweight title at 155! Angulo didn't wanna fight him and neither does Kirkland.

I dunno if Lara would but honestly, why move down for Lara? Stop it.
                    All I'm saying is that if he'd indeed a true SWW, why wouldn't he have moved all the way down to 154 to put himself in line for these fights??? Surely he didn't have to fight Dzinziruk at 160 or Darren Barker.

No one knows if Sergio can 154 fine and healthy, retaining his ability, I doubt it though. He hasn't been there in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      The facts are this......

1. Sergio hasn't been to 154 lbs since February 2009, which will be 4 years this February.
                      2. Sergio could have moved back down to 154 anytime since and put himself in line to fight Cotto, Angulo, Kirkland, Lara, etc. And he hasn't.
                      3. The people saying "You're just speculating by saying Sergio can't make 154" are speculating already on their own by saying he can without a doubt make 154 fine and healthy.
                      4. Sergio is in his 3rd weight class, his 2nd weight class that he's been technically a champion at. Floyd is at his 4th weight class at 147 and his 5th weight class at 154 lbs. Floyd fighting at 154, 24 lbs above where he started, would be like Sergio fighting at SMW of LHW based on where he started.
                      5. This fight doesn't need to happen , but major props to Floyd if it did happen. People just want to see Floyd beaten up by a guy who's 2 weight classes naturally bigger than he is right now.

After he beat Pavlik and Williams at MW, he could have moved down in 2011, if he's really a SWW. Instead he fought Dzinziruk, at 160, and Darren Barker. If he could make 154 so easily, wh wouldn't he have moved down in 2011 and fought Angulo or Lara???
                      Can anyone explain to me why the 160 champion would come down to 154 to fight guys like Lara or angulo?

Comment

Working...
                      X