Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac vs Cotto II at 154 makes more sense right now. than the other 2 options.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    To me Pacquiao has been the same exact fighter he's always been since 2008. From 2008-Present, Pacquiao is the same fighter.

Stylistically favorable match ups made him look like he's all that, but Marquez showed in the third fight that Pacquiao is the same fighter he was in 2008.

Pacquiao beats Cotto again, possibly by TKO again. But I would be much safer on a decision. Too many people are putting a lot of weight on the 2 rounds he won against Floyd. Cotto won like 2 rounds against Pacquiao too. He's still the same fighter.
    Pacquiao is clearly not the same now that he was in 2008. He doesn't have the same stamina or pop in his punches that he did back then. This is obvious. The Pacquiao of '08 would've had Bradley seriously hurt with those left hands that he landed last Saturday night. Yes, Pacquiao looks better against different styles but he is clearly not the same.

Comment

Mannu aint fighting nobody at 154

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        Pacquiao is clearly not the same now that he was in 2008. He doesn't have the same stamina or pop in his punches that he did back then. This is obvious. The Pacquiao of '08 would've had Bradley seriously hurt with those left hands that he landed last Saturday night. Yes, Pacquiao looks better against different styles but he is clearly not the same.
        How can you say that when his showcase opponents all had issues , its like running a racehorse against a hack , it dont have to be a great racehorse to look great if something is wrong with the opposition , when Pac looked devastating it was against CWed fighters and Hatton who was never the same after Floyd, humiliated him , a new trainer , and a coke habit , Hatton looked average against Lazcano and was given Pauli who cant bruise grape and got beat by Ndou , Pauli was Hattons free pass ticket too Mannys hype train .

Prior to looking great with only Hatton Oscar and Cotto , Pac was not a devastating puncher , he struggled with JMM just the same now as he did last time , Im telling you guys if the opponent dont have a CW andis near his prime and a real top class fighter he will give Pac a lot of trouble in a level playing field!

You fellas swallowed the hype and made a monster thats not real !! and his fights without draining CWs are showing it time and time again , open your eyes and understand WEIGHT and the TIMING of fighting his opponents , Pac is a hype job ! a top fighter no doubt but a WW hype job !

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          How can you say that when his showcase opponents all had issues , its like running a racehorse against a hack , it dont have to be a great racehorse to look great if something is wrong with the opposition , when Pac looked devastating it was against CWed fighters and Hatton who was never the same after Floyd, humiliated him , a new trainer , and a coke habit , Hatton looked average against Lazcano and was given Pauli who cant bruise grape and got beat by Ndou , Pauli was Hattons free pass ticket too Mannys hype train .

Prior to looking great with only Hatton Oscar and Cotto , Pac was not a devastating puncher , he struggled with JMM just the same now as he did last time , Im telling you guys if the opponent dont have a CW andis near his prime and a real top class fighter he will give Pac a lot of trouble in a level playing field!

You fellas swallowed the hype and made a monster thats not real !! and his fights without draining CWs are showing it time and time again , open your eyes and understand WEIGHT and the TIMING of fighting his opponents , Pac is a hype job ! a top fighter no doubt but a WW hype job !
          I haven't swallowed anything, I'm just telling you what I see with my own 2 eyes. Pacquiao does not have the same stamina, the same explosiveness, nor the same power in his punch as he did in '08. In that post of yours, you said nothing to refute anything that I've said. I'm not disputing that some of his wins have been overrated and that some circumstances have been overlooked but I'm not going to concede that his obvious decline is all about the circumstances that you speak of. The Pacquiao of last Saturday night was not the same Pacquiao that fought Cotto. He wasn't as explosive, he didn't have the same stamina, nor was his punches as powerful. Cotto being at a catch weight had nothing to do with that. Even with Cotto being at a catch weight, he was able to inflict more damage to Pacquiao than Bradley was. Pacquiao almost broke Margarito's face, yet Bradley's face showed no real serious damage after going 12 rounds and being caught cleanly by Pacquiao numerous times. I'll say it again, the Pacquiao of '08 would've looked a lot better last saturday night against Bradley because his stamina was better, he was more explosive, and he had more power in his punches.

Comment

at the very least its obvious pac doesn't have the same stamina. he was always a guy that seemed he could go 15 rounds easy, not so much anymore.

Comment

No way in hell is Manny fighting Miguel at 154. If this fight gets made it would be at 150, Cotto aint going any lower and Manny would never fight Cotto any higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                I haven't swallowed anything, I'm just telling you what I see with my own 2 eyes. Pacquiao does not have the same stamina, the same explosiveness, nor the same power in his punch as he did in '08. In that post of yours, you said nothing to refute anything that I've said. I'm not disputing that some of his wins have been overrated and that some circumstances have been overlooked but I'm not going to concede that his obvious decline is all about the circumstances that you speak of. The Pacquiao of last Saturday night was not the same Pacquiao that fought Cotto. He wasn't as explosive, he didn't have the same stamina, nor was his punches as powerful. Cotto being at a catch weight had nothing to do with that. Even with Cotto being at a catch weight, he was able to inflict more damage to Pacquiao than Bradley was. Pacquiao almost broke Margarito's face, yet Bradley's face showed no real serious damage after going 12 rounds and being caught cleanly by Pacquiao numerous times. I'll say it again, the Pacquiao of '08 would've looked a lot better last saturday night against Bradley because his stamina was better, he was more explosive, and he had more power in his punches.
                The point your missing is that you look better , you look faster , you appear to punch harder , your stamina appears to be more ,, because your opponent is not at his best , thats the issue , Cotto Oscar and Hatton ALL had issues that WILL and DID lower there performance , you are not giving that any weight , you are saying it was all Pac and how good Pac was , but what doesnt gell is in Pacs other fights he was not near impressive as those 3 , doesnt that raise a flag with you or at the very least make you ask questions ?

Comment

Why would Pac at 154 make any sense??????

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Pacman don't want it when Cotto is healthy.
                    I didn`t know cotto was sick going into their 1st fight?? lol.

Comment

Question for the cotto fanboys. Does cottos win against margarito count? because cotto fought tony at a catchweight and drained him?

Comment

Working...
                      X