Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post fight interview, GSP sounded like he does not want to fight Anderson Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post fight interview, GSP sounded like he does not want to fight Anderson Silva

Did you guys catch his post-fight interview when Rogan asked him about a potential fight with Anderson Silva?

GSP sounded very reluctant or something, that he isn't even thinking about it, there could be other ways, etc. (or maybe he is that worried about his injured eye).
    Yes
    32.00%
    No
    40.00%
    Not sure
    28.00%

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
    Did you guys catch his post-fight interview when Rogan asked him about a potential fight with Anderson Silva?

GSP sounded very reluctant or something, that he isn't even thinking about it, there could be other ways, etc. (or maybe he is that worried about his injured eye).
    haha yeah after was that patty cake game could even do to his face, I wouldn't want to fight Anderson either haha. Except his wrestling could easily defeat Silva. He just don't have a killer instinct or heart anymore. I don't think he's as hungry as he use to be.

This playin' it safe BS is makin him soft.

Comment

before this fight, i said i'd root for silva, and thought it would be a 50/50 fight if gsp/silva happened. after this fight, i'm fully convinced silva will stop him. the fight will start standing up so silva has an advantage from the beginning, plus they both start off usually feeling each other out with jabs.
      but yeah it seemed gsp didn't want it, and i wouldn't fault him for that. he seems a lot more mellow now, so i think he is going to try and stay in his division.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        before this fight, i said i'd root for silva, and thought it would be a 50/50 fight if gsp/silva happened. after this fight, i'm fully convinced silva will stop him. the fight will start standing up so silva has an advantage from the beginning, plus they both start off usually feeling each other out with jabs.
        but yeah it seemed gsp didn't want it, and i wouldn't fault him for that. he seems a lot more mellow now, so i think he is going to try and stay in his division.
        Yeah I feel almost the same way. I mean I'm more confident then ever Anderson KO's him. I just don't think it will be because of no size advantage though. It'd be a totally different fight then tonights because he'd go back to his wrestling.

But you can't fault him if he doesn't fight Silva just like you can't fault silva for not fighting jones except Jones still isn't even a proven champion yet. Not everybody's motha****in Pacqiuao either haha Doesn't hurt nobodys legacy.

Comment

MMA fan boys were saying GSP is the most technical fighter in MMA. It's kinda embarrassing when the most "technical" fighter in MMA has the sloppy standup that he has now.

Silva and Diaz both KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            haha yeah after was that patty cake game could even do to his face, I wouldn't want to fight Anderson either haha. Except his wrestling could easily defeat Silva. He just don't have a killer instinct or heart anymore. I don't think he's as hungry as he use to be.

This playin' it safe BS is makin him soft.
            Nate, you need to stop this hooplah. I told you before this would be a total mismatch, we have weight classes for a reason and Silva would easily beat the undersized GSP.

Comment

Why should it be ok for Silva to fight smaller guys !?? Make him fight bigger guys ffs .

Comment

GSP could make 185 if he really wanted to... read this article

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-wp1628

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                  MMA fan boys were saying GSP is the most technical fighter in MMA. It's kinda embarrassing when the most "technical" fighter in MMA has the sloppy standup that he has now.

Silva and Diaz both KO him.
                  What ****** told you that? GSP's not even top 5. in MMA when it comes to striking technique. He's so good because he's ****in great in all areas of the game but that doesn't mean he's the best at any aspect either except maybe wrestling but thats because it adapts so well into his fighting style.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Nate, you need to stop this hooplah. I told you before this would be a total mismatch, we have weight classes for a reason and Silva would easily beat the undersized GSP.
                  what part of GSP is the best ****in wrestler in MMA do you not fukin understand? When has Anderson had great takedown defense? Thats a stylistic nightmare for Anderson. Read the man's article above me. Did you not see GSP pick up Shields like he was nothing? Shields ****in outwrestled Dan Henderson but he couldn't outwrestle GSP. What the **** does that tell you???

Watch this god damn video. I'm sick of trying to get this thru your ****in skull. This was GSP training for the 2nd bJ fight. Rashad had to be easily over 220-230 and GSP can still take him down. Why do you underestimate GSP so ****in much? Why can Jake Shields do it but not GSP?

Watch at 1:50

And how come GSP fighting Anderson IS SUCH A MISMATCH, yet everybody expects Anderson to jump up and fight Jones is who is the biggest ****in light heavyweight out there at there not to mention Anderson is 36 YEARS OLD. WHO THE **** JUMPS UP IN WEIGHT AT 36? James Irvin & Forrest Griffin were tailor made for Anderson because their nothing but sloppy brawlers. Anderson hasnt made anybody believe he could deal with a powerful wrestler at 205 nevertheless Jon Jones who tosses the strongest guys around at 205 like it's nothing...Why is that suddenly OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    what part of GSP is the best ****in wrestler in MMA do you not fukin understand? When has Anderson had great takedown defense? Thats a stylistic nightmare for Anderson. Read the man's article above me. Did you not see GSP pick up Shields like he was nothing? Shields ****in outwrestled Dan Henderson but he couldn't outwrestle GSP. What the **** does that tell you???

Watch this god damn video. I'm sick of trying to get this thru your ****in skull. This was GSP training for the 2nd bJ fight. Rashad had to be easily over 220-230 and GSP can still take him down. Why do you underestimate GSP so ****in much? Why can Jake Shields do it but not GSP?

Watch at 1:50

And how come GSP fighting Anderson IS SUCH A MISMATCH, yet everybody expects Anderson to jump up and fight Jones is who is the biggest ****in light heavyweight out there at there not to mention Anderson is 36 YEARS OLD. WHO THE **** JUMPS UP IN WEIGHT AT 36? James Irvin & Forrest Griffin were tailor made for Anderson because their nothing but sloppy brawlers. Anderson hasnt made anybody believe he could deal with a powerful wrestler at 205 nevertheless Jon Jones who tosses the strongest guys around at 205 like it's nothing...Why is that suddenly OK?
                    So you would agree that Valero would have been one of the best in the world and was a proven world class fighter because of sparring sessions? sparring = nothing to rate on.

I made no mention of Jones at all, Silva should stay at 185, GSP should stay at 170, and Jones should prove himself as champ at 205.

None of these guys have any business fighting each other really because they are in separate weight classes for good reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X