Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you drink protein shakes? ...how many a day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get 160 grams of protein a day, you don;t need to take protein shakes only. Have diet plan with proteins and workout regularly to hit your fitness goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
      Do you guys believe as boxers doing intense workouts, we need a gram of protein per body weight every day?

I find it almost impossible to get that amount in my regular diet, consisting of egg whites and meat...and i drink a 28g protein shake only right after my gym sessions

should i be downing these shakes 3-4times a day just to get 160grams of protein a day?

what do yall do..
      No experts recommend .7 to .8 grams protein per pound to BUILD new muscle. to maintain you need even less

Comment

I prefer to get it from food sources but if i'm low for the day i'll have one.

Comment

nope.

i eat nuts, dead critters [boiled chicken and turkey bacon are my two favorite lean meats,] a bit of dairy, etc.

i also eat a ribeye steak or two a week. that's a fatty, fatty cut of meat, doe.

Comment

Sometimes I get tired of taking protein shakes, so I'll just pee in a cup like Marquez and recover my own proteins. When I want to be more original, I'll just lick my protein filled semen off my iPad screen

Comment

I don't my my youngest son who is in training does. He has this horrible looking green one!

Comment

Hmm been thinking about protein shakes lately. It'll save you money from wasting it on a lot of food as long as you have vegetables to compliment the protein shake and all. But then again that would mean you becoming frugal on your nutrition and being very disciplined on food.........****

Comment

Originally posted by MomentRising View Post
                  Hmm been thinking about protein shakes lately. It'll save you money from wasting it on a lot of food as long as you have vegetables to compliment the protein shake and all. But then again that would mean you becoming frugal on your nutrition and being very disciplined on food.........****
                  They don't replace food though, they are if anything to add to your existing diet for some extra protein and calories if you are trying to add some muscle. It is all in the name supplements, they are just intended to supplement your diet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMelvern View Post
                    Personally I dont like taking protein more than once a day, I dont like too much sweet stuff and taking all those grams of a powder with ingrediens created in a lab is already not the best option for the body. I take one scoop of protein(20g) and blend it with milk and fruit after the gym/excercises so I can get some help recovering over night. Im not a weigh lifter.
                    but sweet stuff taste good tho... what do you mean??? lol

Comment

yea nd i think nothing bad in this

Comment

Working...
                      X