Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Admits He Almost Slapped Riddick Bowe Last Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    lennox lewis got punked by Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson in the Olympic village at the 88 Olympics.
    Where'd you read that? Can find that according to the book Dirtiest Race Ever Run, BJ attacked Lennox at the 84 games, got put in a headlock, came 3rd in his race and blamed it on Lennox injuring him.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Where'd you read that? Can find that according to the book Dirtiest Race Ever Run, BJ attacked Lennox at the 84 games, got put in a headlock, came 3rd in his race and blamed it on Lennox injuring him.
      you mean that son of a ***** lennox lewis cost our Ben another gold medal?

Comment

As the storm of the American Heavyweight coward Wilder rages on with his complete ducking, delusion and madness, BS brings us another American Heavyweight coward in Bowe who also had the WBC title but decided to throw it away rather than fight. In fact, Another American Heavyweight coward in Tyson had the same belt and dropped it too when Lewis came calling.

Maybe American Heavyweights should leave the cursed WBC title alone because it turns them into cowards. Nah, Americans are cowards no matter what title they have.

Cool story though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
          Big George was old but not too old. Lennox first held the WBC between 92-94 and defended it 3 times. In 94 Big George won the WBA, IBF and Lineal titles.

George went on to defend these titles from 94 - 97 defending the 3 times. Using your argument Lennox had the opportunity to fight Big George at anytime when George came back and certainly during 92-94 when he held the titles and at anytime during 94-97 when George held his. Using that logic (using your term not mine) we can call him Chicken Lennox for not fighting a dangerous George during those spans.

I personally wouldn’t call Lennox or Bowe a chicken but your logic is flawed.
          Would that be the same George who said he didn't want anything to do with Lewis and said he didn't need that in his life as he was too big and dangerous?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
            Big George was old but not too old. Lennox first held the WBC between 92-94 and defended it 3 times. In 94 Big George won the WBA, IBF and Lineal titles.

George went on to defend these titles from 94 - 97 defending the 3 times. Using your argument Lennox had the opportunity to fight Big George at anytime when George came back and certainly during 92-94 when he held the titles and at anytime during 94-97 when George held his. Using that logic (using your term not mine) we can call him Chicken Lennox for not fighting a dangerous George during those spans.

I personally wouldn’t call Lennox or Bowe a chicken but your logic is flawed.
            I partially agree. but Bowe held a press conference and gave away a belt.

just mimicking Lennox on the 'chicken Bowe' thing.. yeah in the larger scheme these guys aint chicken's.... its just part of the business side.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Would that be the same George who said he didn't want anything to do with Lewis and said he didn't need that in his life as he was too big and dangerous?

Yeah i also heard that. not sure if its an interview or print article.

Old Big George will be 'easy' for prime Lennox.

but i'll bet on Young Monster George over any version of Lennox.

Comment

Today Bowe is a very sad and pathetic sight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Former undisputed heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis has a good relationship with his past opponents. He gets along with everyone from Vitali Klitschko to Mike Tyson to Evander Holyfield. But the only past opponent that he doesn't get along with to this day, is another former undisputed champion, Riddick Bowe.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  Bowe has brain damage now. Sad to see. He was once a very talented fighter but never the brightest bulb. Lewis would be wise to keep his distance from Bowe. No good will come from it.

Comment

Working...
                  X