Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Franco Files Lawsuit Against Jay-Z and Roc Nation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Franco Files Lawsuit Against Jay-Z and Roc Nation

Multiple outlets are reporting that retired boxer Daniel Franco has filed a lawsuit against rapper/businessman Jay-Z personally, and promotional/management company Roc Nation Sports. Franco is going after them for the severe brain injuries that he suffered - which he claims is due to Roc Nation booking him in three fights in 79 days.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maybe you just were not good enough man, soon as you level went up you went down

Comment

Why is Roc Nation supposed to know if he's medically fit to fight? Isn't that the job of the commission?

I don't see this going very far legally, cuz I don't understand how RN could be at fault.

That said I think RN handled it badly & they shoulda helped the guy out like other promoters have helped out there guys who've been severely injured.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Maybe you just were not good enough man, soon as you level went up you went down
        What does that have to do with him being booked 3times in 79 days?
        What other active fighter has done that?

Comment

Originally posted by Worick View Post
          What does that have to do with him being booked 3times in 79 days?
          What other active fighter has done that?
          literally all up and comers are booked like that

Comment

Unless Roc Nation did some shady **** with the paperwork it sounds like the commissions dropped the ball

Comment

Roc Nation handled this poorly, the kid got some severe damage he came through should have sent some get well wishes and checked up on him weekly little stuff like that goes a long way trust me especially if you run a business. It wont be fool proof and people will still sue you no matter the type of good gesture you show, but its better than turning a blind eye on the kid.

They could have set up some fund for him and people could donate at least.

But I feel bad fro this kid, Roc Nation was banking on him to be their big star, he was a pretty boy who had boxing skills but the type of damage he took you could tell when he got hit something was weird like his reaction to like it was hurting his brain.

When you look at a prospect like Ryan Garcia who got rocked and hit a few times react he didnt react like that he took the punches but he shook it off.

Boxing is a dangerous sport man, a scary sport, its much more scary than MMA because in UFC the ref will stop the fights with the quickness one guy gets wobbled drops to a knee the ref will wave it off, in boxing you get rocked they count you get up rinse repeat you get multiple concussions.

Comment

Maybe it's different for different states, but I thought boxers are automatically suspended for 6 months after suffering a KO loss.

Either way. No one can force you to fight if you feel you aren't ready. Not even your promoter. It's the boxing commission's job to keep the fighters safe not the promoter.

Comment

U can't beat a billionaire u jerk bag get a life buddy

Comment

Working...
                  X