Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs is a nice guy but not very bright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Jacobs is wrong for thinking beating Quillin should have made him bigger. HBO was giving 3G that huge push which was definitely disproportionate to the opponents he had beat at the time is probably how Jacobs was looking at it

They basically propped up the boogeyman thing to the max with 3G. It was somewhat deserved with how Cotto and Canelo ducked 3G, plus he was undefeated. But the hype was still better than what was actually happening IMO.

I do agree that the light bulb seems pretty dim at times, granted when you're in the ring you probably feel you're doing a lot better than what people see from the outside.
    Last edited by Biolink; 05-05-2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
      Sorry, but Jacobs looked like trash out there. He stumbled twice and just looked slow. Was very unimpressive. Canelo would just choose to turn it up and did as he pleased.

Jacobs won maybe won 3 rounds. Had one solid punch all night. ONE.

Like i said, looked like trash because Canelo was too elite for him.
      And Canelo didn't land much solid punches either. He outboxed him.

It's not that Danny has low ring/outside of the ring IQ like MCC says.

He just fought a more skilled fighter than him. Same thing with the Golovkin fight.

Danny has the power. He has the heart. But he doesn't have the skills.

Comment

Don't know that I'd disagree with anything you're saying really. I didn't understand the lack of focus on any one plan all night long. They kept switching sh^t up. And somehow it was still close. I feel like if Jacobs had fought smarter for all 12 rounds he coulda won the fight. Honestly I felt like Jacobs gave the fight away by not trying enough, but maybe with his sh^tty ring IQ he was doing the best he was doing.

Disappointed in the fight. I expected more from Jacobs & like I said with how it was scored the fight was EXTREMELY winnable for Jacobs.

Whatever doe I enjoy watching Canelo in fights like these where he is tested enough to showcase himself. I wasn't really impressed with Canelo all that much for a long time, but clearly those tough fights & the L to Floyd upped his dedication to improving himself to levels I never expected to see from Canelo. Respect to Canelo & sigh Jacobs, but respect to him to. I dig Jacobs too much to be mad at him & his son is too f#cking likeable for me to be mad at his dad too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
          Sorry, but Jacobs looked like trash out there. He stumbled twice and just looked slow. Was very unimpressive. Canelo would just choose to turn it up and did as he pleased.

Jacobs won maybe won 3 rounds. Had one solid punch all night. ONE.

Like i said, looked like trash because Canelo was too elite for him.
          Right. Been seeing a couple of people claim the fight was close. That fight was not close. Canelo was in control from start to finish. Even the rounds Jacobs won you never got the feeling Canelo had lost control of the fight. On the other hand Jacobs would be confused for a round or two and soon as he felt he'd closed the gap then Canelo would make another adjustment and Jacobs would be confused again for a Rd out 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Don't know that I'd disagree with anything you're saying really. I didn't understand the lack of focus on any one plan all night long. They kept switching sh^t up. And somehow it was still close. I feel like if Jacobs had fought smarter for all 12 rounds he coulda won the fight. Honestly I felt like Jacobs gave the fight away by not trying enough, but maybe with his sh^tty ring IQ he was doing the best he was doing.

Disappointed in the fight. I expected more from Jacobs & like I said with how it was scored the fight was EXTREMELY winnable for Jacobs.

Whatever doe I enjoy watching Canelo in fights like these where he is tested enough to showcase himself. I wasn't really impressed with Canelo all that much for a long time, but clearly those tough fights & the L to Floyd upped his dedication to improving himself to levels I never expected to see from Canelo. Respect to Canelo & sigh Jacobs, but respect to him to. I dig Jacobs too much to be mad at him & his son is too f#cking likeable for me to be mad at his dad too lol.
            Great post, Pandas, especially the Jacobs and his son part.

Canelo is special. He can transform. I predicted a KO, but I'm even happier now, to see such display of skills. I said levels to this before the fight.

Fight was exciting to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              I win some & lose some. But I'm always honest about who won the fight. Even when it's fighters I'm rooting for. I was rooting hard for Ward in the first Kovalev fight but Ward clearly lost. I was rooting hard for Wilder but if someone feels Fury won I couldn't argue against that.
              I bump heads with you but I agree you are stand up guy here and taking L on the chin. We all make predictions and get shyt wrong. But too many up here want to die on a cross then admit they were wrong.

Comment

I like Danny Jacobs a lot and I love his story but I have to agree.

On another note,the way ole boys ears stick out he be reminding me of Dumbo.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                  I like Danny Jacobs a lot and I love his story but I have to agree.

On another note,the way ole boys ears stick out he be reminding me of Dumbo.
                  I watched this at a house party with a bunch of my boys everyone had their girls there. Our girls don't know shyt about boxing and while we screaming and yelling about the fight all they wanted to talk about was god damn look at those ears lol

Comment

He isn’t dumb, he just tend to fight scared when he fight guys that he isn’t suppose to win against. He had an awful start today and then when he gets through he thinks he has done enough, and he wouldn’t follow through with more shots. Switch southpaw got him KD against GGG, so not sure why he was doing it here. He has a massive physical advantage over his opponents but he fights too scared IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      I watched this at a house party with a bunch of my boys everyone had their girls there. Our girls don't know shyt about boxing and while we screaming and yelling about the fight all they wanted to talk about was god damn look at those ears lol
                      Danny could probably hear them

Comment

Working...
                      X