No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: Froch vs Ward II will be a different fight in the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    Meaning they'll be fighting in a phone-booth (see Dirrell/Bute fights) and the winner will be decided beforehand. Why should the champion have to travel to the challenger's backyard? I'm sure Ward is smart enough to pass on that offer.
    Kessler came and fought in his backyard when he was a no name up and comer btw I love how fighting away from home won't change the outcome but Ward refuses to leave his comfort zone

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Kessler came and fought in his backyard when he was a no name up and comer btw I love how fighting away from home won't change the outcome but Ward refuses to leave his comfort zone
      Two wrongs don't make a right.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
        Ward won't be used to fighting away from the US, it might actually impact his performance when he has to deal with an away crowd like most of his opponents have had to deal with. Froch won the championship rounds in the last fight and sometime rematches can pick up from where the first fight left off. Maybe Froch had figured Ward out by the end of the first fight?
        Or Ward's hand was broken

Also I'm watching this right now and there is no way Froch swept the championship rounds. He was inaccurate and the only thing he is really doing is sloppily bowling his way in taking shots to land a few of his own which wouldn't fly if Ward wasn't tired and his hand wasn't broken.

Last edited by Biolink; 02-12-2013, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Ward did appear gassed from round 9 or 10 onwards.

I think pressure will get him eventually, but don't think froch has the game to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Ward did appear gassed from round 9 or 10 onwards.
            Naw, it was just the broken hand that was beginning to wear on him.

Comment

Ward did look tired to me because Froch was doing literally "a bit" better, but still of the championship rounds it only looked like Froch won the last 30 seconds of round 11 to me.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                Not the best logic I've seen a person use and very inaccurate. Anyone who has been watching boxing for more than a short time knows that rematches can have a very different outcome - for proof of that just watch:

Ali vs Frazier 2
                Lewis vs Rahman 2
                Pacquiao vs Marquez 4
                Cotto vs Margarito 2
                None of those were near the one sided ass whoopins that Froch took. Froch was outclassed and bullied. Unless a punchers chance is grounds for calling the shots, your logic fails.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  None of those were near the one sided ass whoopins that Froch took. Froch was outclassed and bullied. Unless a punchers chance is grounds for calling the shots, your logic fails.
                  Like I mentioned before two of the official judges had it 115-113. If Froch won one more round on their cards it would have been a draw. That wasn't a one-sided fight like some Ward fanatics claim, Ward looked on the verge of crumbling completely a few times late in that fight but he managed to pull himself together and sneak a fairly close win. I had it 115-113 Ward just like those official judges so their scoring was on point for that fight. Close fight with only a round in it.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    You think Ward-Froch was more one sided than Cotto-Marg?

Comment

A rematch in the UK may play out exactly the same as the one in the USA did but the difference is the decision might go to Froch.

UK can be as bad as Germany and USa when it wants to be and the worst decision Ive ever seen happend in the UK. Wward has no hope of stopping Froch so he has to convince the judges that grabbing, holding and headbutting is enough to beat the home fighter. The dynamics are completely different. If home advantage didnt play a big part why would Ward be so scared about leaving home?

Comment

Working...
                      X