Collapse
No announcement yet.

sparring against noobs who go all out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for the body. Chances are new comers won't be that conditioned, that'll certainly slow him down.
    You ain't gotta go all out, but I'd say make sure u put up enough of a fight so he don't steam roll you. For a noob hitting someone will get them really excited and wanting more...good practice for you if say as they are unpredictable...goodluck

Comment

Ultimately this would be a good question to ask the coach who told you to go easy on him.

Find out what he expected you to do...

Comment

my coach always told me to take it easy on them, but if they went all out the only thing i'd hit hard with would be a stiff jab to throw them off balance

Comment

Stick and move then go to the body the noob is usually puking half way through the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Had it a couple of times, just hit them with straight shots and match their intensity until they calm the **** down.
            I sparred with a guy who danced around like Prince Naz (Just joined the gym) he hit me with everything he had, at that point I thought I'd teach him a lesson. When he realized he couldn't hurt me just dropped his head and I hit him with an uppercut. He stopped and said his eye was hurting him.

A lot of these guys become wusses when they realize you're going to hit them back.

Just show them who's boss, they've got to learn one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLaHoya1fan View Post
              was put in the ring against a new kid who had horrible technique. The coach knew I was more experienced and told me to go light on him so I thought I'd just work on my defense. Then every time I landed a cross through his guard this guy would go full ****** and wing haymakers. Afterwards his friend was telling him that he was winning.

How do you deal with over zealous noobs in sparring? should I match his intensity and go in for the kill?
              Naw but sometimes when they get like that you have to crack them with a big shot to let them know who's controlling things

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Solar plex, kidneys, under the heart! Use judgement as to power but thats what I've always done. When a green kid gets hit and comes back throwing its actually a good thing. He has to learn how to act while sparring. So you hurt the body a little and explan that he needs to "control" himself! Ray
                thats an illegal shot coach

Comment

I agree with Ray Corso, you gotta dig to the body, wear him out. Every time I spar a noob I'm looking to stop him temporarily with a body shot in the later rounds, I'll usually give him a couple rounds and round 3 is mine! double left hook head to set up left shovel hook body.

Comment

If your doing technical sparring, or not 100% and he starts swinging wildly on you, pop his ass hard one or two times. That will change his mind, I always go as hard as my opponent wants to go.

If we are just working and he starts trying to go hard, I pop him hard one or more times and they usually stop.

Comment

I find against new guys that are trying to take your head off, what works is just sticking to the basics and teach them a boxing lesson. Hold a tight guard, block those wild shots and make him pay with a straight counter jab or even a one two down the middle. Easy way to handle them.

Comment

Working...
                      X