Hozumi Hasegawa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
    At FW?

I wouldn't favor him against any of the title holders based on his showing versus Burgos.
    You're anti Azian.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
      You're anti Azian.
      But I'm pro Oligarchy.

Comment

But I'm pro Oligarchy.
        Well then, our business here is done.

Comment

At FW?

I wouldn't favor him against any of the title holders based on his showing versus Burgos.
          We're on the same page here.

Rojas will neutralize pretty much any southpaw, let alone someone he's bigger and faster than.

Lopez is too big and strong and is starting to find his natural style, which would work in his favor against Hasegawa.

Gamboa might be better matchup than the other 2, but he seems too fast, powerful, and strong to lose to Hasegawa.

John is the best matchup for HH, but he's bigger, throws too many punches, and does a good job defensively to lose to HH, but it would be the best and most competitive fight of the 4.

Gonzalez will be a tough test, the man is still pretty tall for the weight class, has carried up his P4P power, and is a good boxer. People overlook the fact that he's actually winning the fights he's lost. If Hasegawa has enough pop to drop Jhonny, he wins, if he doesn't, I can see him losing by KO or even a decision.

Comment

^^ Rojas is a fkin bum so i dont know so many people put him in high regard.

He's B- level..

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

Rojas will neutralize pretty much any southpaw, let alone someone he's bigger and faster than.

Lopez is too big and strong and is starting to find his natural style, which would work in his favor against Hasegawa.

Gamboa might be better matchup than the other 2, but he seems too fast, powerful, and strong to lose to Hasegawa.

John is the best matchup for HH, but he's bigger, throws too many punches, and does a good job defensively to lose to HH, but it would be the best and most competitive fight of the 4.

Gonzalez will be a tough test, the man is still pretty tall for the weight class, has carried up his P4P power, and is a good boxer. People overlook the fact that he's actually winning the fights he's lost. If Hasegawa has enough pop to drop Jhonny, he wins, if he doesn't, I can see him losing by KO or even a decision.
              Yeah, more or less agree with all of this. His win against Burgos was good but not awe-inspiring, and he still shows too much wildness, especially with his right hook. Can see either John or Rojas capitalising on that.

Comment

I'm expecting Gonzalez to be a tough fight for HH, he's still very open and aggressive which gives us an exciting fight but not a fight Hozumi should be fighting he needs to use his speed more because when he does he really shows how good he is.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

You and I seem to agree on many things.

I also agree that this fight with Gonzalez won't be easy. Gonzalez has never looked out of place in his losses, and you mentioned the fact that he's ahead when he loses. He's just a bit too frail for me to pick to win.....I just think he'll give Hasegawa a damn good fight. If Burgos' reach and height gave Hasegawa trouble I full expect Gonzalez's (and other's) to do the same.

Originally posted by FINITO View Post

He's B- level..

For some reason, Rojas is rarely talked about when people name the top featherweights (akin to Moreno when people talk about the top bantamweights), but he's no easy fight for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkz View Post
                    I'm expecting Gonzalez to be a tough fight for HH, he's still very open and aggressive which gives us an exciting fight but not a fight Hozumi should be fighting he needs to use his speed more because when he does he really shows how good he is.
                    When he makes a concerted effort to be so, I think Hasegawa can be one of the fastest fighters in the world. The combo he unleashed when Martinez trapped him against the ropes in the 7th round of their fight made me do a double take. It was so freaking fast. Trouble is he gets lazy with his punches, and just tends to swing them out there. He'll need to pick his shots a lot better if he wants to have success at 125, because there are too many guys who'll punish him for his recklessness.

Comment

Originally posted by FINITO View Post

He's B- level..
                      If that's how you feel, whatever. I've seen plenty of his fights to know that he's above B-level and would prove you wrong win or lose. The only thing he's missing is power and his only loss was a complete robbery. Watch him shut your thou8ghts on him being a bum down, if he faces any of the top featherweights.
                      Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                      Yeah, more or less agree with all of this. His win against Burgos was good but not awe-inspiring, and he still shows too much wildness, especially with his right hook. Can see either John or Rojas capitalising on that.
                      Burgos is pretty good, but featherweight is pretty stacked right now and I just don't see him having the dimensions necessary to beat them.
                      You and I seem to agree on many things.

I also agree that this fight with Gonzalez won't be easy. Gonzalez has never looked out of place in his losses, and you mentioned the fact that he's ahead when he loses. He's just a bit too frail for me to pick to win.....I just think he'll give Hasegawa a damn good fight. If Burgos' reach and height gave Hasegawa trouble I full expect Gonzalez's (and other's) to do the same.

For some reason, Rojas is rarely talked about when people name the top featherweights (akin to Moreno when people talk about the top bantamweights), but he's no easy fight for them.
                      Are you my alt?...

I know, it's hard to pick Jhonny to win a fight given his past, but it's hard for me to pick against him. I mean, his offense is just good. If his opponent doesn't put themselves in harm's way, they're going to lose. Hasegawa seems to me like the type of fighter that will take chances if he has to, so he definitely should be the favorite and it'll be a good fight regardless.

Rojas and Moreno are the type of fighter that will stand up when time comes. They'll prove it first hand, so I just pay attention to them and let dudes think what they want. It's much better when they are proven wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X