No announcement yet.

Is Manny Pacquiao an all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Manny Pacquiao an all-time great?

I posted this here because this is the section with the wisest posters and I'm looking to get your opinions on this.

In my opinion, yes.

Manny Pacquiao is still fighting today but I think he's justified his claim as an all-time great fighter. Why? It's simple.

He's been a champion in six different weight classes which is an amazing achievement.

He's defeated the best in the world. This includes:

Marco Antonio Barrera
    Erik Morales
    Juan Manuel Marquez (while debatable, still a victory)
    Oscar de la Hoya
    Ricky Hatton

He has a match coming up against Miguel Cotto. If he beats him and claims another championship in a seventh weight class, then it just gives more reason to consider him an all-time great.

But the great thing about him is that he's brought the fights the fans want to see. He fights the best and gives it his all. That is something rare these days.

What are your opinions? Do you consider him an all-time great and why?

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
    I posted this here because this is the section with the wisest posters and I'm looking to get your opinions on this.

In my opinion, yes.

Manny Pacquiao is still fighting today but I think he's justified his claim as an all-time great fighter. Why? It's simple.

He's been a champion in six different weight classes which is an amazing achievement.

Marco Antonio Barrera
    Erik Morales
    Oscar de la Hoya
    Ricky Hatton

He has a match coming up against Miguel Cotto. If he beats him and claims another championship in a seventh weight class, then it just gives more reason to consider him an all-time great.

But the great thing about him is that he's brought the fights the fans want to see. He fights the best and gives it his all. That is something rare these days.

Id agree, also the fact that he represents(puts it on the line) makes him more of a great Champion in my eyes.

Fighters that go that extra mile to entertain or put their stamp on a performance, that is the sign of a true great, not many fighters realize how important that is anymore imo.

Comment

This shound't even be up for debate, Manny is without dout a ATG fighter! FACT

Comment

In my opinion, yes.

Marco Antonio Barrera
        Erik Morales
        Oscar de la Hoya
        Ricky Hatton

His career speaks for itself. No question he is an ATG. One of the five greatest southpaws of all time

Comment

why not

approved

Comment

In my opinion, yes.

Marco Antonio Barrera
            Erik Morales
            Oscar de la Hoya
            Ricky Hatton

I wouldn't argue his status as an all time great, its his ranking amongst the greats that is debatable. Lots and lots of great fighters in history that shouldn't be forgotten or over looked because Manny is fighting here and now. That said, Pac is one of my favorite fighters and would be a force in any era. Its hard to rank fighters today against those of the past because of the politics of boxing and how much less often they fight. Manny have definitely earned a place amongst the greats though, no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao is one of the greatest and most exciting fighters in the history of this sport, his record and his achievments are phenominal, he is without doubt one of the greatest fighters of all time, regardless of how his final career fights go, Pacquiao deserves his ATG status.

Comment

Yes I would say he would be an ATG by any measure. Best p4p of his era, have to respect the multi weight titles though its not the be all and end all for me, fairly dominant reign at super bantamweight. Desperate to see him against Mayweather but think it is a fight that Maweather needs to define his career more than Pacquiao, he's done enough in my view.

Comment

Yes.
                  Even if he gets KO'd by Cotto and PBF.

One of the main boxes he has ticked is taking serious challenges, and winning in style as the underdog.

From Flyweight champ to WW champ would be astounding.

Comment

Manny is an ATG, but his selection of opponents pre-Cotto has been rather similar if I must say so. He seems to avoid slick fighters at all costs. I think he's taking Cotto only because Freddie figures Cotto is a spent force now.

Comment

Working...
                    X