No announcement yet.

quistions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quistions

hey guys alright ive got a few quistions since im looking to start a new training regime.

right now i plan to do something along the lines of

Monday:Upperbody plyometrics (explosive pushups, tire slams ect.)
    Tuesday: Conditioning at the gym (treadmill, bike, burpees, skipping rope)
    Wensday: lowerbody plyometrics (explosive squats, one leg hops ect.)
    Thursday: Upperbody compound lifts (bench, power cleans, barbell rows, OHP)then conditioning
    Friday: Lowerbody compound lifts (squats, lunges, deadlifts) conditioning after that
    Sat/Sun: rest

anyway i just want you're opinion on my regime and if you have anything to add such as another plyometric workout or condtioning tool (other than running as i am injured atm) then it would be greatly appreciated

also on a side note im 15, 5"8 and 140 lbs

what sport are you training for ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin26 View Post
      hey guys alright ive got a few quistions since im looking to start a new training regime.

right now i plan to do something along the lines of

Monday:Upperbody plyometrics (explosive pushups, tire slams ect.)
      Tuesday: Conditioning at the gym (treadmill, bike, burpees, skipping rope)
      Wensday: lowerbody plyometrics (explosive squats, one leg hops ect.)
      Thursday: Upperbody compound lifts (bench, power cleans, barbell rows, OHP)then conditioning
      Friday: Lowerbody compound lifts (squats, lunges, deadlifts) conditioning after that
      Sat/Sun: rest

anyway i just want you're opinion on my regime and if you have anything to add such as another plyometric workout or condtioning tool (other than running as i am injured atm) then it would be greatly appreciated

also on a side note im 15, 5"8 and 140 lbs
      You really 15? That's a heavy load for you kid. I would advise you to do 3 days a week of plyos OR weights, not both and take it from there. You could do upper and lower body plyos same day, just don't do that many exercises.

Comment

yea ive been told that alot, that at my age i should train less. Then again i've been told that for 2 years straight and wonder when i will be old enough to actually train like i want to :P

On another note yes i have overtrained before but i was practicly doing mike tysons program for 4 months straight.

anyway for this i plan to do somethin like 3 weeks train, 1 week off but during the off week i will still run 5 days a week

and im training for boxing rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin26 View Post
          yea ive been told that alot, that at my age i should train less. Then again i've been told that for 2 years straight and wonder when i will be old enough to actually train like i want to :P

On another note yes i have overtrained before but i was practicly doing mike tysons program for 4 months straight.

anyway for this i plan to do somethin like 3 weeks train, 1 week off but during the off week i will still run 5 days a week

and im training for boxing rocky
          Your body is not fully developed and you can hurt yourself doing plyos easily, plyos, as you know are meant to be done at an intensive pace to gain speed and explosiveness. A week off running five days a week isn't a week off either. Your body will show benefits from plyos but not over night, make sure you get a day rest between plyos, I wouldn't advise more than 3 days a week.

Comment

well im only doing plyo's two times a week and conditioning inbetween them on Tuesday, then im doing compound lifts for 3x10 and conditioning on Thursday/Friday so im not doing to much for plyo's but i need to keep the condtioning and running going because i also box and need a strong CV system

so if what do you propose i do?

Comment

When r u doing ur boxing training? that is most important

Comment

right now im focused more on conditioning becuase im just coming off an injury and i have no fights scheduled, but my town only has a boxing club and that club is on mondays and wensdays

Comment

Working...
                X