No announcement yet.

Double wrapping hands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double wrapping hands

Been having some troubles with sore hands/wrists and going to start double wrapping. I'll speak to my trainer tomorrow about it, but just wondered if anyone here had any feedback regards technique?

Do you wrap 2nd wrap the same as the first, or is there a different method? Got the wraps out now so gonna mess around and see what I can come up with.

Originally posted by Sven72 View Post

Been having some troubles with sore hands/wrists and going to start double wrapping. I'll speak to my trainer tomorrow about it, but just wondered if anyone here had any feedback regards technique?

Do you wrap 2nd wrap the same as the first, or is there a different method? Got the wraps out now so gonna mess around and see what I can come up with.
    more on the knuckles on the first roll, more aroud the hand it self and wrists on the secong one.

i use elastic wraps under and stiff wraps over.

there are many instruction on the net if search for hand wraps

Comment

try sticking a sponge under ur wraps (like a small one over the knuckles). I've never had hand problems myself but a few people at my gym swear by it.

Comment

Originally posted by ophqui View Post
        try sticking a sponge under ur wraps (like a small one over the knuckles). I've never had hand problems myself but a few people at my gym swear by it.
        Wouldn't double wrapping turn your hand into basically a ball of wrapping? When I wrap mine it's thick enough, I imagine if I wrapped it twice it'd would just be too thick. Are your wraps the longest you can get? Maybe you've got shorter wraps? I haven't personally see different sizes of wraps but when reading a while ago it mentioned the sizes you should get pending on hand size.

When I wrap I tend to give emphasis to my wrist and knuckle, I don't like it to go through my fingers, I prefer a single or two wraps around the lower end of my fingers to secure my hand shut (prefer it that way). Try a different wrapping technique?

Also, maybe it's your mitts? I originally had some crappy Olympus mitts, to be honest they looked more like MMA mitts rather than boxing. I used to get some pain on my knuckles from those, quite simply, they were just crap. I went and bought some Lonsdale mitts and i've had no trouble.
        Last edited by JayCoe; 03-28-2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
          more on the knuckles on the first roll, more aroud the hand it self and wrists on the secong one.

i use elastic wraps under and stiff wraps over.

there are many instruction on the net if search for hand wraps
          Thats how I do it, but I use the elastic wrap on the wrist.

Comment

Wahey! You're taking on my advice!

Just like you put on the first, wrap the second one on just the same. You should have pm'd me pal. Its simple and it works.

Comment

The only reason I dont is because it would be too tight inside the glove.. and will cut off the circulation

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                The only reason I dont is because it would be too tight inside the glove.. and will cut off the circulation
                Yup, same for me. I'm kinda thinkin the main problem could be that the guy is using the wrong size of gloves. Properly fitted gloves surely shouldn't need a hand to be double wrapped should they?

Comment

Working...
                X