Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Cunningham in Tears Over Loss: I Was Cheated!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A scorecard change....really?
    If you're going to cheat and rob the man, at least don't do it on NBC when people are watching for free..... come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      A scorecard change....really?
      If you're going to cheat and rob the man, at least don't do it on NBC when people are watching for free..... come on now.
      There was no change. Buffer read it wrong. The official scorecard was mis-added to 115-112. It was 115-113

Comment

Watch it go to four fights and Cunningham gets justice Marquez style

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Not mad at the red k..... But I along with several other posters here had the same score of 9-3 including Cliff Rold..... Did you red k him as well???

Another suggestion.... Check twitter and see if you see more scores resembling mine or yours

If Fightscore collects scorecards for this bout I will link you there as well.
          I've seen around the websites that most Americans (including those in the media) had Cunningham winning, while most Polish viewers had Adamek winning.

I'm neither American like Cunningham, nor Polish like Adamek. I saw a very close fight.

I thought Adamek won 115-113 (despite some pretty footwork and jabs from Cunningham) because he landed the cleaner, harder power punches and he took the fight to Cunningham who ran too much.

But there is no point in arguing. The only way Adamek would be given credit is if he KOed Cunningham, and even then you'd just say Cunningham was no good anyway (same way you discredit the Klitschkos by saying their opponents were no good).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            There was no change. Buffer read it wrong. The official scorecard was mis-added to 115-112. It was 115-113
            My mistake, but still a dismal showing on NBC.
            Can't wait for everybody to hate boxing even more

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              I've seen around the websites that most Americans (including those in the media) had Cunningham winning, while most Polish viewers had Adamek winning.

I'm neither American like Cunningham, nor Polish like Adamek. I saw a very close fight.

I thought Adamek won 115-113 (despite some pretty footwork and jabs from Cunningham) because he landed the cleaner, harder power punches and he took the fight to Cunningham who ran too much.

But there is no point in arguing. The only way Adamek would be given credit is if he KOed Cunningham, and even then you'd just say Cunningham was no good anyway (same way you discredit the Klitschkos by saying their opponents were no good).
              The difference is that Adamek has a RABID national (and ethnic) fan base. Cunningham doesn't. The more jaundiced eye in this case would be the Adamek base.

Comment

Good thing NBC should the post-fight interviews

Comment

Not mad at the red k..... But I along with several other posters here had the same score of 9-3 including Cliff Rold..... Did you red k him as well???

Another suggestion.... Check twitter and see if you see more scores resembling mine or yours

If Fightscore collects scorecards for this bout I will link you there as well
                  Freedom thought the white Euro beat the black American? Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Almost no one anywhere has Adamek winning. They sure as hell don't come up with 116-112. I like Adamek and picked him to win, but this was silly. 9-3 was fair. 8-4 could have been.

For Cunningham.
                    I agree. You don't win fights by plodding around and blocking punches with your face.

Comment

If Fightscore collects scorecards for this bout I will link you there as well
                      Freedom thought the white Euro beat the black American? Unbelievable.

Anyways I didn't see the full fight, just the last 6 rounds in which I had Cunningham up 4-2.

Comment

Working...
                      X