No announcement yet.

headaches after sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headaches after sparring

I posted something similar before the forums was taken down, so I didn't get to read all the replies...

Pretty much after sparring, I get headaches even though we wear headgear and sparring gloves etc. I wasn't that worried the first time round cos I got hit real good, but yesterday I only took a few glancing glows and had a minor headache...

What does that mean? I think I've got a ****ty chin, so should I stop practicing? Or just hit the bags? I need all my brains about me for my day job, I spar and fight cos I love it, not to make money...as a creative person I need all my cognitive skills!

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Originally posted by TheFlyingMan
    I posted something similar before the forums was taken down, so I didn't get to read all the replies...

Pretty much after sparring, I get headaches even though we wear headgear and sparring gloves etc. I wasn't that worried the first time round cos I got hit real good, but yesterday I only took a few glancing glows and had a minor headache...

What does that mean? I think I've got a ****ty chin, so should I stop practicing? Or just hit the bags? I need all my brains about me for my day job, I spar and fight cos I love it, not to make money...as a creative person I need all my cognitive skills!

How long have you been sparring and how long has this problem been bothering you.

Comment

I get more headaches from my day job!

I depends how bad the problem is, i only get a headache after taking big shots, i have a good defence now so a rarely get them!!

It could also be your style of fighting, boxing is a head **** at the best of times! Maybe your concentration level is too high which can cause a future headache before you even take a shot!

I'm a very relaxed fighter, i use the ring a lot so i can take a break in the rounds. I think a my head would explode if i didnt!!

If that doesnt work you should think about seeing your doctor. Better safe than Sorry!

Comment

If your getting headaches see your doctor.
        I never got headaches and had an agreesive style so did used to take shot's more than someone who ran or moved, all i got was the general ache's around the neck and top of back and shoulders, then again though i did feel I could take a good shot, so mentally you may need to try to adapt (no disrespect), eg try to relax a little more when sparring and have more confidence in your self to take the shot's.
        I'd say the best thing to do though is to restrict sparring if your not competing,(few and far between sessions) fair enough if you like it but if your body isn't cut out for it maybe you should stick to less brain cell reducing workout's.

Comment

thats because boxing isnt for everybody...just because u watch a few fights dosent mean boxing is for u

Comment

That's a good point, who is boxing for? I watch a lot of fights because I like to watch fights. I don't like to streetfight, but I like to beat people up I have been hit square on the chin and didn't budge and when I hit people they drop to there knees. Do you think boxing is for me? I don't want to be a pro or anything, but I would love to see how it feels to step in the ring and win some amatuer fights...

Comment

i wouldent stop sparing yet anyone who takes a few hits to the head may get a little headache try doing more exesice before you spar if that dont work take asprin before you spar

Comment

hot tip!!! keep ur hands up haha

Comment

I understand how you feel, man.....I get headaches the next day anytime I take big shots in the ring. I don't feel it inside the ring, but I do when I wake up in the morning.

Comment

heh, that is important

Comment

Working...
                    X