No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
    What is wrong with your stance is that you won't give him as much credit for the fight, not because it is at a catch weight but because Floyd said he wouldn't do catch weights. The fight stands or falls on its on merits, not on what was said before the fight. The fight is at 152, you can take that or criticize that but to say you will give him even less credit for the win because of something he said is ludicrous. You weigh up the value of the fight on the fight itself. It's like saying you will give someone less credit for a fight because he said he was Atheist and would never pray to a God and then converted to Christianity before the fight. It has no relevance to the fight itself. Judge it based on the fight. If you don't like the catch weight that is fair criticism but to give less credit because he went against his own word is crazy.
    That is reaching in the extreme, what an absolutely terrible analogy. My view on catchweights has always been the same - If both fighters are happy, no problem. The problem is that its not just Floyd, it his entire outfit and all of his fans that said catchweights are for *****es and are even a form of cheating. I dont know and cant think of a single valid reason why Floyd would make himself, his team and all his fans look like massive bellends, but my god its funny!

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      That is reaching in the extreme, what an absolutely terrible analogy. My view on catchweights has always been the same - If both fighters are happy, no problem. The problem is that its not just Floyd, it his entire outfit and all of his fans that said catchweights are for *****es and are even a form of cheating. I dont know and cant think of a single valid reason why Floyd would make himself, his team and all his fans look like massive bellends, but my god its funny!
      The only thing we can do is speculate on your last point, which is what I was doing when you waded in with your standard of posting. Again, do you prefer the fight not happen at all? You seem happier that you have a reason to call names than talk about a fight some said would never happen. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        I just saw this news. All haters saying Floyd will dodge so and so - where are you now?
        This is a risky fight. Canelo is young, strong and highly active. Mayweather has more skill, but the question is workrate.
        They're still here. Now they're just complaining about the catchweight. Which is going to be just one of the excuses when Floyd wins this by UD. Along with Canelo was too young, not proven, didn't put pressure, Floyd just ran.... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
          The only thing we can do is speculate on your last point, which is what I was doing when you waded in with your standard of posting. Again, do you prefer the fight not happen at all? You seem happier that you have a reason to call names than talk about a fight some said would never happen. Weird.
          Oh turn it in, you freak. You floms have done more name calling and spouted more garbage than any other fanbase in the sport. Niow your boy has made you look like a fool all you can do is cry when people take the mickey using floyd, his teams and your own words? GTFOH with that butthurt nonsense!

Comment

canelo is too green/inexperienced at the top level and he doesn't have the style that will give a guy like floyd problems...on top of this his stamina is pretty bad. only thing canelo has going for him is his size and youth...but i expect floyd to win pretty easily...floyd by UD.

Comment

Oh turn it in, you freak. You floms have done more name calling and spouted more garbage than any other fanbase in the sport. Niow your boy has made you look like a fool all you can do is cry when people take the mickey using floyd, his teams and your own words? GTFOH with that butthurt nonsense!
              Chill out, you're borderline trolling NSB now.. I've had about enough.

Discuss like an adult or browse the forum without posting.

Comment

Mayweather's going to clown Alvarez. Won't be close.

Comment

Again, you're judging a win on hypocrisy not on the fight itself. If Floyd wants to look like a bellend as you put it and some of his nuthuggers do too then that is fine, call them bellends but don't discredit a win (presuming he won) because of someone being a bellend. You are holding someone to standards you don't apply to other fighters because of what he said. You pick and choose when to listen to Floyd. When Floyd says he is the GOAT you say it is not up to Floyd to decide how his legacy is judged and when he says he won't do a catchweight and he does one you say "well cos Floyd discredits catchweight wins I will discredit his cw win" well it doesn't work like that. The same rule applies for both. His legacy is not judged by him and the CW holds no more or less significance than it would for any other fighter and to go against that is holding him to different standards which I am sorry to say is just hate. I don't care what any fighter says I care about judging the fights on their own merits. You are judging the man and not the in ring accomplishment.

Comment

boring ugly first fight ending in draw , than rematch

Comment

Canelo WILL WIN!

Comment

Working...
                      X