No announcement yet.

Jon Fitch cut from UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
    I'm glad. This is a statement cut. Guys with much worse records are still fighting in the UFC because they are entertaining.

The statement here is, if you're a boring fighter you better keep winning or else....

I also think his refusal to fight Koscheck played a part in this.
    If that's true, than why don't they cut some of these boring lay and pray wrestlers?

Comment

Seems like a lot of fighters arent happy with Fitch being chopped

A few going to Twitter saying they disagree and I've also seen a bit of "#BringBackFitch" last night

Comment

lol, good **** dana

Comment

Love the Bill Hicks avatar, by the way, a true legend and one of the best, smartest comics that ever lived.

Comment

Fitch did not deserve this. He deserved at least one more chance. They woulda made more money making Fitch vs Kampman. That'd be a sick fight because kampman is scrappy on the feet and ground and never been in a dull fight except Paulo thiago. And Fitch has double his gas tank. Theyd put on a show like Condit-Kampman. Maia dry humped Fitch the whole time. He was like a chiwawa on a humans leg. Fitch vs Kampman would have been sick! But at least Fitch can become bellator champ easily. Fitch will kick Askrens ass mark my words. Fitch will take this fool to school. Fitch is definitely is worth the price Dana is ridiculous you can't justify cutting a top 10 fighter when you try to spoon feed guys like Bisping trying to get him a title shot but then drowns when he hits somebody actually worthy of fighting Silva in Chael, Hendo, Belfort and even got his ass whooped by a shot Wandy. lol While Fitch steam rolled Alves twice, got robbed against Penn after punishing him in the 3rd round. Dominated Diego Sanchez who was a 2 division #1 contender when he fought BJ, but was robbed of a fight against GSP after an ATG exciting fight win over Karo Parysian, then was robbed when rhey let tuf 4 winner be his first defense. Thus Serras one hit wonder. Fitch defied the odds and gave Silva a beating. And besides Maia he's only been beat by 5 year champ GSP, and the rightful #1 contender Hendricks. Maia is a top 5 guy too finally at his best weight. I bet hell probably earn the next shot after Hendricks-Condit knocks somebody off. Either Hendricks is next or Condit wins and then is a free for all we know fuuuck will get the next shot. Maybe Silva vs GSP if Diaz doesn't strike gold.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I think this will help Fitch's career if anything. If he goes to another organization and becomes champion that'll boost his popularity and the UFC will sign him back.

Judging from what Dana said today at the media scrum, that is what they hope happens by cutting him. Also they didn't want a guy with his contract fighting prelims on facebook.

If Fitch can string together 3-4 wins with another org I'm sure UFC will re-sign him.
              Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-23-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                If that's true, than why don't they cut some of these boring lay and pray wrestlers?
                Like......

Comment

Let's hope they do the same with Guida if he loses against Mendes....

Comment

Like Gray Maynard, Josh Koscheck, like most of the wrestlers currently on their roster. Any of them really. If they had such a commitment to excitement, they would only keep guys on the roster that mostly won by knockout or submission, yet most of their cards lately have had mostly gone the distance.
                    Last edited by Anthony342; 02-23-2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X