No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn: "I wish I had Calzaghe's power"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Benn: "I wish I had Calzaghe's power"

Nigel Benn said on Sky Sports Ringside 2 days ago that he wished he would have had Calzaghe's power:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGpuuQO_ruk#t=21m30s

So what's up with people saying Calzaghe just slaps? Benn is known to be one of the hardest punchers in middleweight history.

Just butthurt Hopkins fans.

Comment

Must of been smoking some good ****, even Johnny Nelson looks like hes about to burst out laughing.

You can't seriously for one damn second think any version of Calzaghe hit anywhere near as hard as Benn?

Comment

"I was thinking i wish i had that Joe Calzaghe power" No you wasn't Nigel because Calzaghe wasn't even a Pro boxer at the time.

Comment

A shot, weight drained Eubank. Who else did Joe ever knockdown or knockout?

Benn didn't need referee's to jump in for no reason, he smashed guys to bits!

Joe Calzaghe K.O highlight reel

Nigel Benn K.O highlight reel

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            "I was thinking i wish i had that Joe Calzaghe power" No you wasn't Nigel because Calzaghe wasn't even a Pro boxer at the time.

Hahaha damnnn! Green K

Comment

never underestimate the power of a good slap

Comment

Personally I thought that Benn was just saying that because Calzaghe managed to knock Eubank down while he could not. Either way, I think Benn was heavier handed but Calzaghe was quicker and quite heavy handed. He was a decent puncher before he suffered his hand problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  Personally I thought that Benn was just saying that because Calzaghe managed to knock Eubank down while he could not. Either way, I think Benn was heavier handed but Calzaghe was quicker and quite heavy handed. He was a decent puncher before he suffered his hand problems.

What a myth that is, he was never a decent puncher. I suppose Paulie Malignaggi had 1 punch K.O power before his hand problems too?

Show me an instance of him putting his power on display before his hand problems against somebody that wasn't working full time as janitor. Just one...

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    Calzaghe had average to good power at best, Benn had "oh shit i'm in trouble" power.

Comment

Working...
                    X