No announcement yet.

Biggest "tune up" disasters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    Wasn't Derrick Gainer another one? I forgot on which card he fought but he got scared ****less of Marquez.
    that was the worst fight ever. ever!

Comment

Ofcourse Cotto/Trout is the first that comes to mind since it just happened.

Comment

Originally posted by NormC View Post
        Ofcourse Cotto/Trout is the first that comes to mind since it just happened.
        You really felt Trout was a tune up?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
          Vivian Harris on the Floyd/Gatti under card. He got his ass whipped by Maussa.

Or am I wrong?

sorry, quoted the wrong post.
          that's the one! I remember Harris talking smack at the weigh in I think it was, and/or a press conference just before the fight.

Here is another one I can't remember at all and it's kind of obscure. Can't think of the fighters name but he had a fight, won it and after the fight while still in the ring he got the mic and called out James Toney, said he'd fight him right now. Toney was there and got into the ring and they were about to fight before it got broken up. If I'm not mistaken that fighter lost his next fight thus never fought Toney. Who am I thinking of?

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
            You really felt Trout was a tune up?
            Not to discredit him and his record but yes he was..I mean Cotto wins and his fights Canelo right??

Comment

Not to discredit him and his record but yes he was..I mean Cotto wins and his fights Canelo right??
              that was the speculation but as far as I know there were never serious talks between canelo and cotto. It was assumed they'd fight because it would be the best money fight at 154 minus floyd.

but yeah, not a tune up as Trout was a champion.

Comment

JMM taking Mayweather as a tune-up for Pac.

Comment

lol if anything Cotto was a tune up for Trout.

Comment

tommy morrison vs michael bentt was the first one that jumped to mind.

"and there goes morrison's eight million dollar payday."

-jim lampley.

Comment

Hearns vs Barkley

Comment

Working...
                      X