Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero v Berto who u got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berto starts off fast and thinks he will make short work of the Ghost but shows signs of fatigue after the first round due to his exertion. He pulls it back a bit for the next 2 rounds and then tries to attack heavily again and he again shows signs of fatigue.

Guerrero remains evasive and works the jab as Berto attacks. Berto pins Robert against the ropes but gets tagged while trying to fight inside. By round 5 or 6, Berto is looking somewhat tired in general and only attacks near the end of the round trying to steal it away from the more active Guerrero.

By round 8, Guerrero is pressing the action heavily and he starts to drive Berto into the ropes and is bullying the bigger man. When rounds 11 and 12 roll around, Berto is completely spent and just hoping to make the final bell.

Guerrero wins a SD because two of the judges have him winning 8 or 9 of the rounds while one judge has Berto winning the fight. Questions come up regarding Berto taking Guerrero seriously and overlooking him for a Floyd fight, he denies it and says the layoff played no factor.

May of next year, Floyd wants Guerrero as an opponent.

Comment

Goin with Berto by KO, many are talking about Berto and stamina problems yet he was able to go 12 hard brutal rounds with Victor Ortiz, a Big strong full welterweight puncher unlike Guerrero. He did have shakely legs going down the stretch but he was able to finish the fight on his feet.. Same in the Luis Callazo fight.. He wont have that much of a problem with Guerrero because and I think his size will make the difference in the fight.. Not to mention he is extremely hungry and has be in excellent shape for months the best I've ever seen him!

Comment

Everyone has this beef with bertos stamina, but he's shown stamina is fights before. One time it was a problem. Maybe he disnt train hard enuff that time.

Comment

Guerrero's gonna make the mistake of trying to go toe to toe.

Watch for Berto's right hand to the left side of Guerrero's body, immediately followed by the right uppercut to stagger Guerrero. Berto's overhand right is what will end it.

That's my prediction.

TKO between 6 and 8

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            By round 8, Guerrero is pressing the action heavily and he starts to drive Berto into the ropes and is bullying the bigger man. When rounds 11 and 12 roll around, Berto is completely spent and just hoping to make the final bell.
            That sounds exactly like the Ortiz fight.

Guerrero is no Ortiz. He's a boxer with no real pop.

Ortiz is a banger who really couldn't box.

Night and day.

Comment

If the ghost can take berto power and handke speed than i can see him pulling this out.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Guerrero's gonna make the mistake of trying to go toe to toe.

Watch for Berto's right hand to the left side of Guerrero's body, immediately followed by the right uppercut to stagger Guerrero. Berto's overhand right is what will end it.

That's my prediction.

TKO between 6 and 8
                I like the lead right for berto sat night. Im waiting for the weigh-in to place my bet though.

Comment

both were overrated. But I think Berto's the bigger guy and punch harder. Guerrero just tough and will survive a decision. Coz Berto will gas up!

Comment

I'm going with Berto. Hope Guerrero wins, but 147 might be too big a leap.

Comment

Guererro is susceptible to the right hand so it's definitely a danger.

Berto may be very limited but the two things he does have is power and speed.

It all depends if Robert can take his punch, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X